Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Downloads] My infinix zero2 32gb won't update after uprooting...
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Downloads] My infinix zero2 32gb won't update after uprooting...

[Downloads] My infinix zero2 32gb won't update after uprooting...

Dreah4sure
Dreah4sure
Dreah4sure
24-08-2015, 07:44 AM

My device is infinix zero2 32gb 
I rooted it with king root,  now I was prompted for an update,  so I had to uproot my phone to apply the update... After uprooting, I tried the upgrade then my phone got bricked,  I searched for the stock rom and found one, but but to my surprise,  after flashing the system.img, I still found the king user app in the phone meaning it was still rooted I unrooted it again and tried upgrading via Ota again.. It no longer installs the update, it takes me to the recovery mode and tells me to reboot my phone. .. Pleas I would like to download  the original stock rom of my device. infinix zero2 32gb .. Thank you
Dreah4sure
Dreah4sure
Dreah4sure
24-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Please permission to download stock rom for infinix x509 32gb...basorundare@gmail.com
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-08-2015, 11:23 AM
(24-08-2015, 07:44 AM)Dreah4sure My device is infinix zero2 32gb 
I rooted it with king root,  now I was prompted for an update,  so I had to uproot my phone to apply the update... After uprooting, I tried the upgrade then my phone got bricked,  I searched for the stock rom and found one, but but to my surprise,  after flashing the system.img, I still found the king user app in the phone meaning it was still rooted I unrooted it again and tried upgrading via Ota again.. It no longer installs the update, it takes me to the recovery mode and tells me to reboot my phone. .. Pleas I would like to download  the original stock rom of my device. infinix zero2 32gb .. Thank you

ours is also rooted.
you can extract the ROM of an unrooted phone using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Dreah4sure
Dreah4sure
Dreah4sure
24-08-2015, 02:44 PM
(24-08-2015, 11:23 AM)hovatek
(24-08-2015, 07:44 AM)Dreah4sure My device is infinix zero2 32gb 

ours is also rooted.
you can extract the ROM of an unrooted phone using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html

So even after flashing your stock rom,  I still have to unroot .. Can I eventually upgrade to lollipop when the stable version comes out at month end.. Without having to properly update the kitkat before upgrading the firmware
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-08-2015, 05:51 PM

(24-08-2015, 02:44 PM)Dreah4sure So even after flashing your stock rom,  I still have to unroot .. Can I eventually upgrade to lollipop when the stable version comes out at month end.. Without having to properly update the kitkat before upgrading the firmware

use the SP flash tool flashable update instead of the OTA method.
similar to what's described @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-6879.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Dreah4sure
Dreah4sure
Dreah4sure
24-08-2015, 06:39 PM
(24-08-2015, 05:51 PM)hovatek
(24-08-2015, 02:44 PM)Dreah4sure So even after flashing your stock rom,  I still have to unroot .. Can I eventually upgrade to lollipop when the stable version comes out at month end.. Without having to properly update the kitkat before upgrading the firmware

use the SP flash tool flashable update instead of the OTA method.
similar to what's described @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-6879.html
Flashable update? But how do I flash the updates I download via ota... Is it flashable through SP flash tools or I should just ignore it... And is It possible the lollipop upgrade will fix the updates I left undone in the kitkat version... Sorry for disturbing,  just wanna know.. Thank you
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-08-2015, 11:06 AM
(24-08-2015, 06:39 PM)Dreah4sure Flashable update? But how do I flash the updates I download via ota... Is it flashable through SP flash tools or I should just ignore it... And is It possible the lollipop upgrade will fix the updates I left undone in the kitkat version... Sorry for disturbing,  just wanna know.. Thank you

you cant flash the OTA update using Sp flash tool. the lollipop update (sp flash tool version) will overwrite existing partitions so the rooting-unrooting thing wont be a headache

Note!