Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to increase internal storage using ebrtweak
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to increase internal storage using ebrtweak

[Tutorial] How to increase internal storage using ebrtweak

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Skillzfullme
Skillzfullme
Skillzfullme
Techie Member
29-02-2016, 11:06 AM

M i going to finish d tutorial on my phone only or i will connect it wit pc?pls
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-02-2016, 06:07 PM
(29-02-2016, 11:06 AM)Skillzfullme M i going to finish d tutorial on my phone only or i will connect it wit pc?pls

A PC will be required

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ghiom
Ghiom
Ghiom
20-03-2016, 11:55 AM
(13-04-2015, 09:25 AM)Mr v It eventually worked out after working around it for some couple of minutes.After flashing the ebr I rebooted my fine and found out I lost the USB storage (default storage space) for all files.I thought for a while & booted to recovery, cleared the dalvic cache,wiped data/factory reset & I rebooted.behold my USB storage was there....... If anyone should encounter such just follow it as I did.we're all learners. Admin thnx a lot.....

@Mr V, thanks for the last part of the tutorial. I had the same problem as yours -- after increasing system partition of my Tecno P9 from 1Gb to 4Gb, phone storage was hidden and could not be mounted. I got a bit scared, but after reading your comment above, I have successfully managed to get my phone storage back, though all data is gone. I had made a backup before. Now, everything is back to normal. I hope this will enlighten others who encounter similar problems. Thank you.
MACROsoft
MACROsoft
MACROsoft
Experienced Member
18-04-2016, 01:25 PM
[quote='Ghiom' pid='71606' dateline='1458471334']

M glad it worked out for you
MACROsoft
MACROsoft
MACROsoft
Experienced Member
18-04-2016, 01:28 PM

(20-03-2016, 11:55 AM)Ghiom
(13-04-2015, 09:25 AM)Mr v It eventually worked out after working around it for some couple of minutes.After flashing the ebr I rebooted my fine and found out I lost the USB storage (default storage space) for all files.I thought for a while & booted to recovery, cleared the dalvic cache,wiped data/factory reset & I rebooted.behold my USB storage was there....... If anyone should encounter such just follow it as I did.we're all learners. Admin thnx a lot.....

@Mr V, thanks for the last part of the tutorial. I had the same problem as yours -- after increasing system partition of my Tecno P9 from 1Gb to 4Gb, phone storage was hidden and could not be mounted. I got a bit scared, but after reading your comment above, I have successfully managed to get my phone storage back, though all data is gone. I had made a backup before. Now, everything is back to normal. I hope this will enlighten others who encounter similar problems. Thank you.

@Chipmunks m glad it worked out for u
MACROsoft
MACROsoft
MACROsoft
Experienced Member
18-04-2016, 01:31 PM
(20-03-2016, 11:55 AM)Ghiom
(13-04-2015, 09:25 AM)Mr v It eventually worked out after working around it for some couple of minutes.After flashing the ebr I rebooted my fine and found out I lost the USB storage (default storage space) for all files.I thought for a while & booted to recovery, cleared the dalvic cache,wiped data/factory reset & I rebooted.behold my USB storage was there....... If anyone should encounter such just follow it as I did.we're all learners. Admin thnx a lot.....

@Ghiom m glad it worked out for u
Topebanabas
Topebanabas
Topebanabas
20-07-2016, 05:43 AM
Thanks for your effort.
Is there other way for me to do this steps. My techno p9 USB port is not working properly and I can't view files on my computer through the USB cable but i can charge my phone only...

How can i increase my techno p9 internal memory in this condition.
Please help. Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-07-2016, 08:37 PM
(20-07-2016, 05:43 AM)Topebanabas Thanks for your effort.
Is there other way for me to do this steps. My techno p9 USB port is not working properly and I can't view files on my computer through the USB cable but i can charge my phone only...

How can i increase my techno p9 internal memory in this condition.
Please help. Thanks

you need to be able to flash to the phone to use this method

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
fettasack
fettasack
fettasack
12-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Hello,
awesome tweak. It works all fine. However when I want to increase the storage on my Wiko Cink Peax 2 (MT 6589) to 2.5 GB the size of my internal storage does not change (it keeps on 1.66 GB). The phone storage changes from appr. 1.06 GB to 277 MB, though. Can you please help me out?
If needed, I attached the original EBRs and the scatter file.
Greetings
This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 05:53 PM by fettasack.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-08-2016, 06:33 PM

(12-08-2016, 05:49 PM)fettasack Hello,
awesome tweak. It works all fine. However when I want to increase the storage on my Wiko Cink Peax 2 (MT 6589) to 2.5 GB the size of my internal storage does not change (it keeps on 1.66 GB). The phone storage changes from appr. 1.06 GB to 277 MB, though. Can you please help me out?
If needed, I attached the original EBRs and the scatter file.  
Greetings

1. Did you successfullly tweak the ebr  files
2. Did you successfully flash the tweaked ebr files
3. Did you wipe emmc in factory mode?

Note!
Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next