Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android hovatek nooowwww! please respond- request for alternative cmw recovery for tecno n3
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

hovatek nooowwww! please respond- request for alternative cmw recovery for tecno n3

hovatek nooowwww! please respond- request for alternative cmw recovery for tecno n3

Pages (10): Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
03-12-2014, 09:18 AM

(28-11-2014, 07:49 PM)hovatek
dapo4friends Hovatek, thanks soooooo much for being there all the while.... i have downloaded the package from the 4shared link and used it but it still presents that same problem- didnt boot successfully to recovery- stops at the tecno iconscreen, then later,screen switches off!
unfortunately, it looks you guys are the only indigenous company i think have given us nigerians this upgradability opportunities.... i dont know what to do again!
I just wonder why my tecno n3 shud b d only black sheep in the entire tecno n3 family.
Maybe i need to explore other options .
Though i do not think xda developers really support tecno that much...
What do u think?

they support spreadtrum. n3 is spreadtrum based

Hovatek...in my search online for a solution to the roadblock on my journey
to CUSTOM ROMLAND. i found a software that 'discovered that my tecno n3 is not Spreadtrum based but ARM V7 CHIPSET BASED...Please does this ring a bell? i usedto think tecno phones were MTK BASED....Please, is this d reason the CWM Cuztom recoveries i downloaded are not working.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-12-2014, 10:06 AM
dapo4frien Hovatek...in my search online for a solution to the roadblock on my journey
to CUSTOM ROMLAND. i found a software that 'discovered that my tecno n3 is not Spreadtrum based but ARM V7 CHIPSET BASED...Please does this ring a bell? i usedto think tecno phones were MTK BASED....Please, is this d reason the CWM Cuztom recoveries i downloaded are not working.

launch MTK droid tools and connect it to PC. lets know if it detects the phone and what it shows.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
03-12-2014, 03:32 PM
(03-12-2014, 10:06 AM)hovatek
dapo4friends Hovatek...in my search online for a solution to the roadblock on my journey

launch MTK droid tools and connect it to PC. lets know if it detects the phone and what it shows.

Okay,i downloaded the mtk droid tools...it recognised the phone as tecno n3... it says hardware is QRD(Dont know what that means!!!)
it says ROM STRUCTURE IS NOT KNOWN...BACKUP IS NOT POSSIBLE.....
Now please,what does the recognition and info reveal? That it is mtk original or fake?
Please can i create and install my own CWM CUSTOM RECOVERY? If Yes,How do i do it using Droid tools or some other software, if No, What next should i do?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-12-2014, 03:41 PM
(03-12-2014, 03:32 PM)dapo4friends Okay,i downloaded the mtk droid tools...it recognised the phone as tecno n3... it says hardware is QRD(Dont know what that means!!!)
Now please,what does the recognition and info reveal? That it is mtk original or fake?
Please can i create and install my own CWM CUSTOM RECOVERY? If Yes,How do i do it using Droid tools or some other software, if No, What next should i do?

Only confirms that your phone is definitely not MTK. It's Spreadtrum based. we used to have two different sets of CWM recovery images for n3 and p3. apparently, yours requires the second which we're working on recovering.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
03-12-2014, 07:47 PM

(03-12-2014, 03:41 PM)hovatek
(03-12-2014, 03:32 PM)dapo4friends Okay,i downloaded the mtk droid tools...it recognised the phone as tecno n3... it says hardware is QRD(Dont know what that means!!!)

Only confirms that your phone is definitely not MTK.  It's Spreadtrum based.  we used to have two different sets of CWM recovery images for n3 and p3.  apparently, yours requires the second which we're working on recovering.

Alright Hovatek...Please help ans this questions
.When might this second spreadtrum based CWM RECOVERY be available for n3?
Cant i create my own Custom recovery myself.if yes,what do i use or do?
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
03-12-2014, 07:51 PM
(03-12-2014, 03:41 PM)hovatek

Only confirms that your phone is definitely not MTK.  It's Spreadtrum based.  we used to have two different sets of CWM recovery images for n3 and p3.  apparently, yours requires the second which we're working on recovering.

And please from the earlier info u asked me to find out using droid tools...How did u deduce that my N3 was Spreadtrum based...please i want to learn...all the hardware check softwares i used showed ARM V7 CHIPSET?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-12-2014, 10:24 PM
dapo4friend
hovatek
dapo4friends Okay,i downloaded the mtk droid tools...it recognised the phone as tecno n3... it says hardware is QRD(Dont know what that means!!!)
And please from the earlier info u asked me to find out using droid tools...How did u deduce that my N3 was Spreadtrum based...please i want to learn...all the hardware check softwares i used showed ARM V7 CHIPSET?
N3 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7225A , thanks for the observation. the procedure for creating its cwm were similar to that for some spreadtrum devices, thats was the source of the mixup
This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 10:26 PM by hovatek.

Note!
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
03-12-2014, 10:35 PM
(03-12-2014, 10:24 PM)hovatek
dapo4friends
hovatek
dapo4friends Okay,i downloaded the mtk droid tools...it recognised the phone as tecno n3... it says hardware is QRD(Dont know what that means!!!)
N3 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7225A , thanks for the observation. the procedure for creating its cwm were similar to that for some spreadtrum devices, thats was the source of the mixup
Okay, so what does this mean? Is N3 Spreadtrum,Qualcomm or MTK Based since u say there was a mixup
Okay,please so where does this lead me to now Custom Recovery wise(u skipped my other question-Can i create Custom Recovery myself and when will yours be ready
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
04-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Hovatek u are correct partly...This tecno n3 is not mediatek based but QUALCOMM BASED...MY tecno is device chipset label is MSM7627 × SKU3- Which makes it a SNAPDRAGON S1 ( I found out online just now!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-12-2014, 12:15 PM

(03-12-2014, 10:35 PM)dapo4friends Okay, so what does this mean? Is N3 Spreadtrum,Qualcomm or MTK Based since u say there was a mixup
Okay,please so where does this lead me to now Custom Recovery wise(u skipped my other question-Can i create Custom Recovery myself and when will yours be ready

snap dragon. we'll work on it soon. there's quite a queue of dev work in line

Note!
Pages (10): Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next