Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Gionee M5 Plus soft brick (bootlooping)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Gionee M5 Plus soft brick (bootlooping)

[Please help] Gionee M5 Plus soft brick (bootlooping)

Snowcat8
Snowcat8
Snowcat8
13-03-2016, 10:22 AM

Hello Hovatex!

I am desperate. My stupidity almost killed my phone and I need help to restore it into working condition.

I've bought a Gionee M5 Plus while I was in China (gn8001 model). I wanted to install GAPPS into it as china phones do not have them. For that I've tried to install a mod recovery and that attempt was unsuccessful, I killed the recovery. Upon trying to boot into it I just got a reboot into normal system.

Then I've decided to try and extract boot.img from my phone to use it for another try to make a mod recovery for my phone. I did exactly as said here - https://github.com/lygstate/lygstate.git...-device.md

I've got the file from my phone but after that it began to bootloop. All I get is power up, then I see a Gionee logo and then it disappears for several seconds and the process is repeated again. It make this for like 10 hours already. Pressing any buttons does not help.

I hope It will deplete it's battery and then, maybe I'll be able to operate spflashtool.

What should I do? I have a stock OS image but it's made for stock recovery which I do not currently have. I have boot.img downloaded from my phone but I am not sure it is correct... Do you have an SPFLashTool image of Gionee M5 Plus that I can download to reflash the whole system? Or just stock recovery.img? Or I should do something else?

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Gionee M5 Plus soft brick (bootlooping) - by Snowcat8 - 13-03-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Gionee M5 Plus soft brick (bootlooping) - by hovatek - 13-03-2016, 05:17 PM