Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to write IMEI & Serial Number using Maui META
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to write IMEI & Serial Number using Maui META

[Tutorial] How to write IMEI & Serial Number using Maui META

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-03-2016, 12:48 AM

Maui META enables you to write IMEI, Serial Number etc to a Mediatek (MTK) Android device. When you have a null IMEI, your device might not detect SIM cards or network signals. It's important you fix the unknown Baseband first (by re-flashing the firmware or at least secro) before going ahead to repair or write IMEI. This tool is similar in function to Modem Meta (which you should try if Maui Meta fails)

What causes Null IMEI or invalid Serial Number?

This often happens when the Secro & NVRAM partition gets wiped or corrupted. It could range from an overlap error (flashing an image that's too large to a neighbouring partition) to formatting. 

Requirements

How to use Maui Meta tool

Follow the steps below to successfully write IMEI, Barcode, Serial Number etc using the Maui Meta IMEI repair tool

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/mt7ka71lQBA

1. Unzip Maui META, install it on the PC then run as Administrator. It should be installed in the Program files or Program files (x86) folder depending on your PC's architecture.

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-1.webp]

2. Wait till the Maui META dashboard appears with a red circle. Under Connection Type, select the option which best describes your device

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-2.webp]

3. Click Reconnect at the top-right corner. The colour of the circle should start changing between red and green. Switch off the phone (still with battery inside) and connect it to the PC without holding any button on the phone.

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-3.webp]

4. The phone should boot up and then get stuck at boot animation. Not to worry, it's in META mode. The circle should now be yellow in colour, indicating that the phone has been successfully detected

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-4.webp]

5. In the Get version box, click Get target version to confirm that the phone has been detected. The phone's details should appear

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-5.webp]

6. You can now minimize the Get version box

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-6.webp]

7. Click on the dropdown at the top left corner and select IMEI download

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-7.webp]

8. The IMEI Download box should pop up. Click on Change NVRAM Database File

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-8.webp]

9. In the window that pops up, navigate to the location of the BPLGUInfo file (often named like BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT65**...), select it then click Open

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-9.webp]

10. You should see the path to the DB file under NVRAM Database File. Click SIM_1 or SIM_2 depending on which you wish to write IMEI to. Now, enter the first 14 digits of the IMEI you wish to write. The digit entered in the CheckSum box will be the 15th digit of the IMEI. Once done, click Download To Flash (If IMEI keeps disappearing after factory reset then try clicking Upload From Flash instead)

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-10.webp]

11. Once the IMEI has been successfully written to the selected SIM slot on the phone, you should see a message at the bottom saying Download IMEI to flash successfully

[Image: how-to-use-MAUI-Meta-11.webp]

12. Switch off the phone either by taking out then reinserting the battery or holding the power button till it goes off. Once off, boot up the phone and dial *#06# to confirm that the IMEI was successfully written to the phone

Important Notice
  • Some people might refer to this tool as Maui Meta 3g or Maui Meta 4g
  • You'll mostly not need a special Maui meta cdc driver. VCOM drivers should serve just fine.
  • You can also use Maui Meta to write the Serial Number back to your device by selecting the Barcode option. The Bardcode is 63 to 64 characters long. The First 23 characters are the Product Number followed by the Serial Number then other characters.
  • To write a Serial Number of 0123456789ABCDEF for example,
  • We'll assume that product number is 11223344556677889900XYZ . A barcode of 63 characters would then be
  • 11223344556677889900XYZ0123456789ABCDEF************************
  • Some devices use MDDB instead of BLPGU so don't panic if you don't find the latter
  • This tool  doesn't generate the IMEI or Serial Number for you, it merely writes what you provide
  • This tutorial only explains how to write IMEI & Serial Number. You are entirely responsible for what addresses you write
  • This guide explains how to fix invalid IMEI not how to change IMEI; meaning you are responsible for whatever IMEI you write with this method
  • You should only use DB files extracted from your phone model (and sometimes from firmware for your phone's exact Build Number). Using a DB file for another phone model might give errors
  • If you run into errors then try different versions of the tool. For the db inconsistent error, ensure the db file used was obtained from the same firmware version / build currently running on the phone.
  • You can find the needed DB file from the firmware for your device (ensure build number matches for best results)

! Above, * represents space and there are 24 (spaces) * to make up 63 characters

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to use the Maui Meta tool. Now this tool, just like SN write tool helps you write IMEI to your MTK Android phone. Now, for you to use this tool, you need to have your Mediatek USB VCOM drivers installed on your PC. I have the folder here and I'll be explaining how to install these drivers and you need to also have the MD1_DB file for the particular phone model which you're trying to write IMEI to. Now you can get this file from the firmware for that particular phone model so just check the Hovatek forum for the firmware for your phone model and you can get the MD1_DB file from the firmware folder.

Now for the VCOM drivers, I will briefly take you through the installation of these drivers. Now, if you're using a Windows 8 or 10 PC ensure to disable your signature verification before you proceed with installing these drivers. The reason is that these VCOM drivers are not signed so if you don't disable your signature verification on Windows 8 or 10 you are going to have an error so ensure you do that. Now, for you to do that, just check the Hovatek forum for the guide on how to disable signature verification on a Windows 8 or 10 PC and you follow that to disable that check for your Windows 8 or 10. Now, for Windows 7, you don't need to do that alright! because that is not enabled by default.

Now, for the Maui Meta you need to install it like your regular software. Its not like you just extract the zip and just run. You need to extract from the folder, you install like a regular software and then you launch. It'll usually be installed in your Program Files folder. There you should see an Maui Meta folder alight? so I will not be going through the installation process. I will just presume you know how to install a software on your PC. So once you install that, you'll have a shortcut or just go to the Program Files folder alright? That's the way you launch maui meta. So before I launch maui meta, I'm going to install VCOM drivers as I earlier said so to do that, you are going to press the Windows button or (launch) the Start menu and you search for Device Manager. Aright! okay and then you launch device manager.

Now in device manager you just click any item on the list so I'll just click on batteries then click on Action , Add legacy hardware, Next, Install the hardware that I manually select from a list, Next, Next, Have Disk, Browse. Now, you navigate to the location of the Mediatek VCOM drivers. These are my drivers here. Alright! so just open the Mediatek USB VCOM drivers you open the drivers folder, select USB VCOM driver. Now, if you're using a Windows 7, 8 or 10 PC you select this Windows 7 folder but for Vista and XP, select appropriately. So I'm using a Windows 8 PC so I open the Windows 7 folder. Now, i'm to select between 32 and 64 bit and my PC is a 64 bit PC so I would select this. If you do not know what kind of architecture your PC uses, you just come down to My Computer right click here, Properties and yeah! You see that here, 64-bit so you can check yours. Mine is a 64 bit PC, I select this. If yours is 32, you select this. I'm 64 so I go for this. I click on Open and then OK.

Now, this driver is not digitally signed. You can see that error. Next. It doesn't mean it won't work so don't panic. Its just a warning. Next. Alright! The following hardware was installed Mediatek DA USB VCOM Port. Now, if you get a prompt before this particular screen asking you to confirm installation of the driver, you go ahead to install. Its just Windows trying to protect you from installing an unsigned driver, it doesn't mean it's not going to work, just feels it's not secure since its not signed. So just go ahead. Alright! So I click on finish. Now, to confirm my drivers have been installed, I just scroll down. Now, you can see my Mediatek drivers listed here. Don't be alarmed by this yellow triangle. This is just Windows indicating that you've installed an unsigned driver and it's possible it malfunctions.

It doesn't mean it's not going to work. Its just a standard warning making you know you've installed an unsigned driver and you might encounter some errors but I assure you, you'll not encounter any errors if you have installed the way I have instructed you to install. Alright! So this is nothing to panic about. I'm done installing my Mediatek VCOM drivers. I will go ahead and launch my Maui meta as Administrator. I prefer to run as Admin to avoid permission issues but if you're not an Admin on the PC just double click or run as a regular user but I prefer to run as Admin alright? So, I have this up. Now, at this point you would want to switch off the phone but don't connect it to the PC yet. Just switch off the phone still with the battery inside but do not connect it to the PC yet.

Now, you would want to observe this. This is red as you can see. This is indicating that there's no connection at all and under this tab, you'll want to select the appropriate option for your phone. I'm using a smartphone so I have smartphone ticked. No other settings to change. I'm going to leave this as USB COM so there's nothing to change on this dashboard alright? So I click on reconnect. Now, at this point, you'll see this changing from red to green so what you'll want to do now is to - with the phone switched off and with battery inside - connect it to the PC via USB cord without holding any button on the phone. Alright! So you'll observe that your phone would boot up and it will get stuck at the boot animation. Alright! So what I have here is a charging sign. I might have to reconnect. Alright I'm going to reconnectyes, I've reconnected and its no more the charging sign.

I'm seeing my boot animation right now. So if you see the charging sign the first time you connect, you disconnect and reconnect. So your phone is going to boot up and it's going to get stuck at the boot animation so do not panic, that is your phone in meta mode alright? Its not bricked. So my phone is stuck at boot animation and I have this prompt here. What I see here is bar code but I'm not trying to write a bar code to my phone so I will just close this. Alright! So I have a yellow circle here indicating that it has been connected good and phone information is displayed here. So what I want to write is an IMEI to the phone so I will just click on this drop-down at the top left corner and then select IMEI Download.

Now, it's illegal to change your IMEI in certain countries if not all countries so ensure you're not breaking any laws by writing an IMEI to your phone alright? So once the IMEI download dashboard has popped up, what you'll want to do now is to click on Change NVRAM Database File. Its at this point  you're going to load the MD1_DB file I'd mentioned earlier on. So you click on Change NVRAM Database File. Now, a window will pop up. In this window, you now navigate to the location where you have the MD1_DB file and you select it. Now, it'll usually be named something like this BPLGUI..... Its going to be named something like this alright? This is an APDB and not the file you need although you'll need this when using SN write tool but for maui meta, you need just this file alright? So you highlight this file and you click on Open highlight and click on Open

Alright! Okay, so you'll notice I have the file path listed here (written here) so that means it's currently loaded. I also have checksum here. So at this point, you've loaded the database file (the DB file) so you'll want to select your SIM 1 or 2 depending on which you want to write the IMEI to. I will just select SIM 1 and then you type in the IMEI. Now, you'll notice that you have just enough space for 14 digits here so you're going to type the 14 digit of the IMEI Alright! So automatically, it generates the last digits for you [Overhead Plane] so with IMEI inserted and my SIM selected, I go ahead to click on Download To Flash.

Alright! so I have this message saying Download IMEI to flash successfully alright? So what I just need to do now is to disconnect the phone and then hold the power button till it goes off and then reboot it or if the battery is removable, just take out the battery and then you re-insert it then you dial *#06# to check your IMEI and you should see that the IMEI has been successfully written to the phone. So that's basically how to use Maui Meta tool.
This post was last modified: 27-11-2023, 08:35 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.

Messages In This Thread
How to write IMEI & Serial Number using Maui META - by hovatek - 21-03-2016, 12:48 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Pangadaywalker - 10-10-2016, 03:43 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 11-10-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by pepp1 - 21-12-2016, 08:36 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 21-12-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by wozupguy - 26-12-2016, 12:40 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 26-12-2016, 10:27 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by wozupguy - 26-12-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 27-12-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by agentcu - 25-10-2017, 12:06 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 25-10-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Pangadaywalker - 11-10-2016, 03:40 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by davidjimmy - 30-05-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 30-05-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by ganesh.shetty - 13-07-2017, 07:02 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Driver55 - 22-08-2017, 09:40 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 22-08-2017, 03:27 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Driver55 - 22-08-2017, 03:49 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 23-08-2017, 01:41 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Driver55 - 23-08-2017, 04:44 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 23-08-2017, 10:33 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by molosso92 - 05-09-2017, 11:57 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 06-09-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by molosso92 - 07-09-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 08-09-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by GaganPreet - 05-09-2017, 01:52 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by xerxes - 05-09-2017, 02:50 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Akshay Chowdlu - 12-02-2018, 11:12 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by xerxes - 12-02-2018, 03:25 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by edguiness - 18-02-2018, 09:14 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by chikaubah - 04-03-2018, 04:01 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 05-03-2018, 10:04 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Joy Masongsong - 06-03-2018, 02:57 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 06-03-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by fred@mike - 24-04-2018, 05:41 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 24-04-2018, 02:02 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by ddapschauhan - 08-07-2018, 04:24 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 09-07-2018, 11:28 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Nanare66 - 18-10-2018, 08:28 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by xerxes - 18-10-2018, 02:54 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Nanare66 - 18-10-2018, 03:10 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by X3non - 18-10-2018, 05:35 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Noblex - 21-02-2019, 05:27 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by EMMANUS - 21-02-2019, 08:26 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hovatek - 22-02-2019, 08:00 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Noblex - 10-03-2019, 01:18 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by X3non - 11-03-2019, 10:19 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by sgentle - 03-04-2019, 02:42 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by diretouch - 10-06-2019, 10:53 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by X3non - 11-06-2019, 10:09 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Emmythankgod - 25-06-2019, 12:23 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by X3non - 25-06-2019, 09:52 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by amaanjc - 06-10-2019, 11:22 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by X3non - 07-10-2019, 10:22 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by hopmeister - 11-02-2020, 08:55 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by X3non - 12-02-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by lek jambret - 17-11-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by X3non - 18-11-2020, 12:31 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by lek jambret - 19-11-2020, 06:12 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Abdullah Zafar - 09-06-2021, 10:21 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by dankar - 09-06-2021, 10:59 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by X3non - 10-06-2021, 01:45 PM
RE: How to use Maui META - by PowerBattle - 24-10-2021, 06:09 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by X3non - 25-10-2021, 09:31 AM
RE: How to use Maui META - by Jaxo Jaxo - 16-11-2021, 12:09 PM
RE: How to write IMEI & Serial Number using Maui META - by andongapo - 13-01-2024, 02:18 PM
RE: How to write IMEI & Serial Number using Maui META - by maxpayne - 19-01-2024, 09:44 AM
RE: How to write IMEI & Serial Number using Maui META - by andongapo - 29-01-2024, 12:26 AM
RE: How to write IMEI & Serial Number using Maui META - by maxpayne - 31-01-2024, 11:03 AM
RE: How to write IMEI & Serial Number using Maui META - by pfrei - 22-03-2024, 08:02 PM