Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Blank, Black Screen After Flashing Updated ROM on NOMU S30
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Blank, Black Screen After Flashing Updated ROM on NOMU S30

[Please help] Blank, Black Screen After Flashing Updated ROM on NOMU S30

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-12-2016, 01:04 PM
(04-12-2016, 07:06 PM)Photon Hi!

I tried to flash an updated ROM onto my Nomu S30 phone using SP Flash Tool, but after I completed the process, the screen is not displaying anything. It is just black, but I can see that it is illuminated. The phone seems to be starting up/loading because I can hear the intro music and I can hear the sounds of the volume being raised and lowered when I press on the volume keys too.

I used the official updated ROM as supplied by Nomu on their Facebook page and installed the relevant MTK drivers (It is a Mediatek 6755 chip). The only thing to note here is that the drivers all have a yellow exclamation mark beside them in the Device Manager and their status reads as 'Code 10 - The Device Cannot Start'. I read elsewhere that this is not a problem however and that the drivers should work anyway.

When I flashed with SP Flash Tool, no errors appeared and it gave a message at the end to say that the process had completed successfully. I used the 'Download Only' option at first and was then told to try the 'Format + Download' option after the blank screen issue appeared. I left all boxes checked.

Has anyone got any suggestions or help to offer me? Also wanted to point out that the battery in my phone is non-removable.

Thanks!

The problem is an incompatible lk.bin
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1667.html
consider reverting to the previous ROM or try its lk.bin alone

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.

Messages In This Thread
Blank, Black Screen After Flashing Updated ROM on NOMU S30 - by Photon - 04-12-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: Blank, Black Screen After Flashing Updated ROM on NOMU S30 - by hovatek - 05-12-2016, 01:04 PM