Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool

[Tutorial] How to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-04-2017, 03:23 PM

This guide will explain how to flash a firmware / ROM (in scatter format) to a Mediatek (MTK) Smartwatch using FlashTool .

Requirements

Steps to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool

Follow the steps below to flash a Mediatek smartwatch using Flashtool

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/NIgRVo_Wd8k

1. Launch Flash_tool.exe as Administrator

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Mediatek-Smartwatch-using...Tool-1.jpg]

2. Click Scatter / Config file

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Mediatek-Smartwatch-using...Tool-2.jpg]

3. In the Window that pops up, navigate to the firmware folder, highlight the scatter / config file then click Open

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Mediatek-Smartwatch-using...Tool-3.jpg]

4. The available files (in the firmware) should be listed and ticked in FlashTool. Tick whichever partition(s) you wish to flash to the Smartwatch then click Download (with an arrow above it)  

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Mediatek-Smartwatch-using...Tool-4.jpg]

5. Stop should now be Red in color. Power off the Smartwatch and connect it to PC via USB (with battery inside and without holding the Power button)  

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Mediatek-Smartwatch-using...Tool-5.jpg]

6. The Smartwatch should get detected by FlashTool with a Red loading bar (Download DA)

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Mediatek-Smartwatch-using...Tool-6.jpg]

7. Flashing should continue with a Yellow bar (Pre-format code area)

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Mediatek-Smartwatch-using...Tool-7.jpg]

8. Flashing should continue with a Blue bar (Downloading software to flash)

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Mediatek-Smartwatch-using...Tool-8.jpg]

9. You should then see a green loading bar (Format
  10.  flash)

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Mediatek-Smartwatch-using...Tool-9.jpg]

11. Once flashing is done, you should see a Green bar with 100% and a Green circle. You may close FlashTool, disconnect and power On the Smartwatch

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Mediatek-Smartwatch-using...ool-10.jpg]

Important Notice
  • Its recommended you backup your smartwatch's firmware (if you can) before flashing any firmware just in case the device gets bricked
  • You should only flash files / firmware for your smartwatch model. Doing otherwise could brick it
  • If the smartwatch merely shows a charging sign when you connect to PC for flashing then you've not installed the drivers correctly or the correct drivers. It could also indicate a faulty USB port

Video Transcript
Quote:With your firmware and driver in place, you navigate to the location where you have your SP Flash tool and you run it as Administrator. If prompted, you click Yes. Click on Choose in front of Scatter-loading. Navigate to the folder where you have your Smartwatch's firmware, select the scatter file then click Open. Now, we have the files loaded. Click Download, power off the Smartwatch & connect it to the PC still with battery inside, don't hold any button. We have detection and flashing should begin.

Flashing has begun. Its very important you do not interrupt this process. Once flashing is done, you should have your 100% OK prompt meaning SP Flash tool has successfully flashed the firmware to your smartwatch. That's how to flash firmware to a Mediatek Smartwatch using SP Flash tool

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'm going to be explaining how to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool Its very important you understand that FlashTool is different from SP Flash Tool. I assume you've installed your smartwatch drivers and you have the firmware for your smartwatch. Now, run FlashTool as Administrator If you're not the admin, just double-click flash_tool. Now, you might get prompt just select Yes. and you hold on for the FlashTool dashboard to come up. You might get an error like this, just click OK If you have Download Agent empty, what you need to do is just click DownloadAgent at the top and then navigate to the FlashTool folder, selectMTK_AllInOne_DA.bin and then you click Open.

That will load the Download Agent Next up is scatter file. You click Scatter/Config file at the top. Navigate to the folder where you have the smartwatch's firmware. I'll flash the backup I'd made. Mine is in config format. That's the difference between FlashTool and SP Flash tool. For SP Flash tool, you'll usually have just in txt format but this has the config format ok? You might also have the scatter format but mostly. It also supports config format (to put it thus) The firmware for my smartwatch is in config format so I select the config file and click Open You can see I have my partitions loaded here.

To flash, you click Download, power off the smartwatch still with battery inside and don't hold any button, then you connect it to the PC via USB cord I'm going to do that just now. You can see its getting detected, I have downloading DA (red bar) [flashing] Its very important you do not interrupt this process. The last bar is going to be the green bar flashing was successful. That's basically how to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool
This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 12:42 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.

Messages In This Thread
How to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool - by hovatek - 03-04-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: How to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool - by Rashfal - 10-07-2017, 05:43 AM
RE: How to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool - by hovatek - 10-07-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: How to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool - by ZeHelder - 30-12-2017, 04:11 AM
RE: How to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool - by X3non - 30-12-2017, 01:52 PM
RE: How to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool - by dieko - 07-09-2018, 01:46 PM
RE: How to flash a Mediatek Smartwatch using FlashTool - by X3non - 07-09-2018, 04:21 PM