Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to bypass FRP on Mediatek devices
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to bypass FRP on Mediatek devices

[Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to bypass FRP on Mediatek devices

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-08-2018, 09:48 AM

This guide will explain how to bypass Factory Reset Protection (FRP) on Mediatek (MTK) Android using NCK Pro Box. A bypass will come in particularly handy when you are working on someone else's device or have forgotten your Google login credentials.

What causes FRP?

If you do a factory reset on an FRP-enabled Android device already associated with a Google account (under Settings > Accounts > Google) without first removing that account then you'll be prompted to produce the login credentials of the associated Google account on the setup screen (often preceded by a request to connect to a WiFi network). This is Factory Reset Protection (FRP) at work.

[Image: Mediatek-FRP-connect-to-Wifi-262x300.jpg]

Requirements

Steps to bypass FRP on MTK using NCK Pro Box

Follow the steps below to use NCK Pro box to bypass FRP on Mediatek smartphones

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/glNhrWme0sI

1. Launch NckBox AndroidMTK module

[Image: NCK-box-MTK-FRP-bypass-1.jpg]

2. Navigate to the FRP-PATTERN-PRIVACY tab

[Image: NCK-box-MTK-FRP-bypass-2.jpg]

3. Under Phone setting, set the first dropdown to 0-by-CPU then select your device's chipset in the second dropdown

[Image: NCK-box-MTK-FRP-bypass-3.jpg]

4. Click [FM] Reset FRP

[Image: NCK-box-MTK-FRP-bypass-4.jpg]

5. Select Yes once prompted

[Image: NCK-box-MTK-FRP-bypass-5.jpg]

6. Once you see Please insert USB cable now... , power off the device (still with battery inserted) then connect it to the box or PC via usb cord without holding any button

[Image: NCK-box-MTK-FRP-bypass-6.jpg]

7. The device should get detected

[Image: NCK-box-MTK-FRP-bypass-7.jpg]

8. You should get an All done message once FRP bypass is complete

[Image: NCK-box-MTK-FRP-bypass-8.jpg]

9. Disconnect and power up the device

Important Notice
  • NCK Pro box ideally requires a hardware box to work. Installing and running the setup without the box connected to the PC will give an error
  • If you decide to use a loader version (no box required) then your antivirus might flag it as a virus. Whether you choose to heed or ignore is up to you
  • Some Mediatek device have secure boot and require a custom DA to be loaded else you'll get an error. For such devices, you can download the DA file @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-112.html
  • If you are the owner of the device & associated Google account then simply entering your credentials will allow you pass the FRP test. This guide therefore assumes you have the right or a good reason to choose to bypass instead

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to bypass Factory Reset Protection or FRP on a Mediatek Android device using NCK Pro box. First off you need to have the hardware box, I have mine, set up, and you need to have installed NckBox AndroidMTK. Then you need to have installed your Mediatek USB VCOM drivers. We have a guide and video on how to do that, check out our website, and of course you need to have the device which is having FRP.

Now, FRP happens when you have linked your device with a Google account, that's under Settings - Account, and then you do a factory reset without first removing that account okay? That means your device is already linked to the Google account and then you do a factory reset. Now, when this happens, upon setup, the device is going to ask you to enter the credentials of the Google account which was linked to the device before the factory reset or you might just get a screen asking you to connect to a Wi-Fi network or mobile network okay? so that is the FRP screen alright?

So this guide is going to show you how to bypass that screen if somehow you are an engineer working on somebody else's device or you've forgotten your own credentials okay? So this guide will show you how to do that using NCK Pro box. Now, once you have all these in place the next thing you want to do is to launch the NCK box Android MTK module and then you wait for the module to come up all right? It could take a little while to come up.

So while this is coming up, what you want to do is to power off the device still with... leave the battery in. OK, so my device with FRP is switched off right now still with the battery in but its not connected to the PC yet, okay? Now, I'll just drag this right here. So this is the NCK box AndroidMTK dashboard Now, the next thing you want to do is to come under the FRP-Pattern-Privacy alright? so under phone setting, you want to select by CPU so you leave it as it is.

Now, under this you select your device's chipset okay? We have a guide on how to determine your device's chipset so you can check out our forum for that guide just in case you don't know the device's chipset or you just Google the device's specs. Mine is 6580 so I'm going to select that. Now for some devices, you might require a custom loader okay? That is a secure boot Download Agent or DA file so for that you just want to click custom loader, you select the custom loader and then you're good to go but for this device, I do not need a custom loader so I will not be doing this.

Now, with all these set, the next thing you want to do is to click on reset FRP and then you select Yes. So at this point you want to (still) with the phone switched off, don't hold any button, the battery inserted and then you connect it to the PC via / you connect it to the box via the USB cord Alright, all done. You can now disconnect the device, power it up and then it should be able to boot up normally.

That's how to bypass FRP or Factory Reset Protection on a Mediatek Android device using NCK Pro box AndroidMTK module.
This post was last modified: 23-08-2018, 04:29 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.

Messages In This Thread
How to use NCK Pro Box to bypass FRP on Mediatek devices - by hovatek - 13-08-2018, 09:48 AM