Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Flash ROM to multiple devices while keeping devices unique ID
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Flash ROM to multiple devices while keeping devices unique ID

Flash ROM to multiple devices while keeping devices unique ID

rbk
rbk
rbk
Enthusiastic Member
28-02-2019, 09:21 PM
(28-02-2019, 11:53 AM)freshtyt
(26-02-2019, 11:41 PM)rbk Device: Mediatek MT6737M android 6.0 Marshmallow

The end game is to be able to flash (to several devices at one time) root privileges (we're using SuperSU), an APK, and that APKs security settings and permissions while not changing the Androids unique identifiers that Firebase needs to run certain functions of that APK. An added issue here is we are eliminating the native android launcher in the final build. 

I can flash several devices at once with everything we need to run the app with the SP Multi Flash Tool however, as you may know that I just painfully figured out, all those devices would have the exact same identifiers. So when Firebase tries to find a specific device it points to all the devices. I looked into using Titanium Backup to preserve the unique IDs in order to replace them after flashing but 1. Titanium Backup costs too much especially if I have to pay per device and 2. That adds another step to a process I need to streamline. 

Ideally I would like to be able to flash over everything I need without affecting the IDs that Firebase needs. Is this possible or is this a pipe dream?

if you flash just one device, does the ID remain the same as it was before flashing?

I'm actually working on this with one of your techs one on one. I'll post our solution once we confirm it.

Messages In This Thread
Flash ROM to multiple devices while keeping devices unique ID - by rbk - 26-02-2019, 11:41 PM
RE: Flash ROM to multiple devices while keeping devices unique ID - by freshtyt - 28-02-2019, 11:53 AM
RE: Flash ROM to multiple devices while keeping devices unique ID - by rbk - 28-02-2019, 09:21 PM