Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play)

[Please help] Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play)

vvion
vvion
vvion
23-12-2020, 05:57 AM

I manage to get root for my device then I messed around with the device partition trying to move a file. When trying to reboot the phone, it bootloop into Fastboot. I flash my stock firmware and everything went normal again, until I try to flash EMPTY vbmeta to gain access to root again. The device keep entering Fastboot so I flash the STOCK vbmeta and it fixed it, but I want to disable dm-verity so I can root my device again. Please, kindly help!

What I did before this happen:
1) I manage to get root on my device using this tutorial https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html (Root checker verified I have root and I'm able to grant su access to some app)
2) Play around with /system and / partition with adb shell using some command because I want to move a certificate file.
Command used:
"mount -o rw,remount /system" (same command on / partition)
3) Saw nothing happen, but I try to move the file anyway with MiXplorer v6-49-3 and it failed, said "Not enough space" and it only copied a 0 Byte file.
Directory: "/data/misc/user/0/cacerts-added" to "/system/etc/security/cacerts"
4) Uninstalled a System Apps called "Aha Games" (Size's 19 MB) using "System Apps Remover"
5) Tried to move the file again, succeeded
Directory: "/data/misc/user/0/cacerts-added" to "/system/etc/security/cacerts"
6) Certificate showed as both System and User certificate on "Encryption & credentials" setting on android
7) Reboot the phone
8) Bootloop into Fastboot
9) Flashing stock firmware with SP Flash Tool v.5.2044 then factory reset from Recovery
10) Phone boot normally and able to enter home screen
11) Trying to gain root again using the same step in the tutorial
12) Flashing EMPTY vbmeta.img then reboot.
13) Bootloop into Fastboot
14) Flashing STOCK vbmeta.img then reboot
15) Device boot normally and able to enter home screen.

Device:
Infinix Hot 9 Play

Build Number:
X680B-H6215EFIJ-Q-OP-201019V214

Kernel Version:
4.9.190+
#2 Mon Oct 19 13:04:42 CST 2020

Magisk Manager:
Canary Version

STOCK vbmeta.img:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S1npLIQ...sp=sharing

STOCK boot.img
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gERZc5x...sp=sharing

STOCK recovery.img
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ESzy4oY...sp=sharing

Messages In This Thread
Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play) - by vvion - 23-12-2020, 05:57 AM
RE: Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play) - by hovatek - 23-12-2020, 07:10 AM
RE: Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play) - by vvion - 23-12-2020, 01:44 PM
RE: Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play) - by hovatek - 25-12-2020, 09:27 AM
RE: Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play) - by vvion - 26-12-2020, 12:18 PM
RE: Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play) - by hovatek - 27-12-2020, 09:34 AM
RE: Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play) - by vvion - 27-12-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play) - by hovatek - 28-12-2020, 07:17 AM
RE: Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play) - by trimmytech - 23-09-2021, 08:39 AM
RE: Disabling dm-verity causes device to bootloop into Fastboot (Infinix Hot 9 Play) - by X3non - 23-09-2021, 10:52 AM