Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Why a full restore does not unbrick my phone
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Why a full restore does not unbrick my phone

Why a full restore does not unbrick my phone

Ga Gu
Ga Gu
Ga Gu
Enthusiastic Member
22-05-2021, 02:35 PM

I said in my last thread that I made a full backup of all the partitions of my Meizu M5 Note (M1621) before I tried following a tutorial to unlock the bootloader and bricked my phone. In that thread I wanted to know how to flash the preloader partition when error STATUS_SEC_DL_FORBIDDEN is encountered.

But here's an update. Today I checked the preloader partition again and found that it was not changed at all. So I don't need to flash that partition.

So I restored all the partitions of my phone using SP Flash Tool. But it still doesn't come back to life!

When I try to switch it on, it says:
Quote:Orange State
Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted
Your device will boot in 5 seconds

And then after a few seconds, the screen goes black, and then the logo Flyme shows up with a circle on the bottom half of the screen, and the phone stucks there forever.

It seems that restoring all the partitions I previously backed up doesn't help me unbrick my phone.
I wonder why?

Are there any other places than the eMMC momery chip that store information about whether the phone is bootloader unlocked?
Can anyone please explain that to me?

Messages In This Thread
Why a full restore does not unbrick my phone - by Ga Gu - 22-05-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: Why a full restore does not unbrick my phone - by Abdulakeem14 - 23-05-2021, 06:46 AM
RE: Why a full restore does not unbrick my phone - by X3non - 23-05-2021, 06:29 PM
RE: Why a full restore does not unbrick my phone - by Ga Gu - 24-05-2021, 04:26 PM
RE: Why a full restore does not unbrick my phone - by X3non - 25-05-2021, 11:12 AM
RE: Why a full restore does not unbrick my phone - by Ga Gu - 28-05-2021, 09:40 AM
RE: Why a full restore does not unbrick my phone - by X3non - 28-05-2021, 01:33 PM