Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Gionee M2 Soft Brick--stuck in boot loop
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Gionee M2 Soft Brick--stuck in boot loop

Gionee M2 Soft Brick--stuck in boot loop

emma.ifeyi
emma.ifeyi
emma.ifeyi
26-09-2015, 05:36 PM

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and am glad I found it.

A friend of mine asked me to remove viruses from his Gionee M2, which was functioning erratically, due to virus infection. Upon installing Lookout Mobile Antivirus and Security, I discovered six viruses (trojans) which had attached themselves to system processes. I tried to uninstall them using lookout, but was unsuccessfull. I did hard recovery (reset to factory defaults) to loose the mallicious apps without success. Hence, I decided to install SuperUser iRoot and Titanium to freeze the software and then force uninstall...Upon doing this, I tried to root the phone with iRoot and got the "root successed" message. Upon rebooting, the phone could not boot to the OS, but was going from Gionee Logo to off. I tried factory recovery again via recovery mode, but had no success restoring the OS.

Now I have to flash a new OS unto the phone using MTK Tools, hence I need a Gionee M2 Backup from your repository to achieve this. Kindly permit me to download this backup to olve the problem.

Thank you in anticipation...

Messages In This Thread
Gionee M2 Soft Brick--stuck in boot loop - by emma.ifeyi - 26-09-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: Gionee M2 Soft Brick--stuck in boot loop - by hovatek - 27-09-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: Gionee M2 Soft Brick--stuck in boot loop - by irfan123 - 25-10-2015, 03:40 PM
RE: Gionee M2 Soft Brick--stuck in boot loop - by X3non - 25-10-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: Gionee M2 Soft Brick--stuck in boot loop - by irfan123 - 25-10-2015, 03:42 PM