Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Missing Baseband (Galaxy S6 SM-G920P)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Missing Baseband (Galaxy S6 SM-G920P)

Missing Baseband (Galaxy S6 SM-G920P)

x1xmadex1x
x1xmadex1x
x1xmadex1x
11-01-2016, 06:34 AM

Also posted on XDA, none of the methods posted onthis site worked for me to get the baseband back. any suggestions?

I recently rooted my device. I had uninstalled superSU on accident. I reinstalled and it said it couldn't update the binary. I then prompted to try to run the root again. It failed and reboot except this time my phone now reboots in maybe 1-2 minutes and it seems the cell service wont start either. I tried safe mode and the same issue. It would reboot in 1-3 minutes. I factory reset and wiped the cache several times. Currently downloading stock firmware to try to flash via odin. Any suggestions on fixing it?

Update
Was able to flash stock 5.1.1. Even stock firmware, still rebooted every minute even in safe mode.

Ended up flashing stock 5.1.1 and run the same root and also flash twrp to the device. Nonetheless It still reboots every minute, even in safe mode. Below is the recovery.txt and also attached is a photo of where it's stuck because of rebooting. I swear it's something with the cellular...

recovery.txt
Where it stuck due to rebooting every minute

Update 2
The reboot does not occur in twrp or download mode

Update 3
Following Koops second method
Quote:
1) Return to Stock via TAR.
2) Install TWRP via Odin.
3) From TRWP do an Advanced Wipe - Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data and Internal Storage. (That is as complete a wipe as I know how to do.)
4) Go back to Stock via TAR.

After the stock flash, booting up hangs on the sprint loading screen, dims, then restarts (only first time star. then ting up after flash) goes through setup, but again reboots every minute. The bars at the top sometime show up and sometime don't show up.
Also every reboot, i turned on voice assistant and "system update" is said every time.
At this point im open to any suggestions. If it's not fixed today ill most likely have to go buy an s5 off of amazon.

UPDATE
Got the phone through setup. Baseband and software version is unknown and notification of "Checking device status" is constant. Even after flashing stock 5.1.1. After about a minute, the device status becomes official.

UPDATE
www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
Tried using these methods to fix the baseband issue yet still havent fixed it.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-01-2016, 01:23 PM
(11-01-2016, 06:34 AM)x1xmadex1x UPDATE

That would only work if your Samung was a clone.
The Baseband unknown ought to have been fixed by flashing the stock ROM. Sometimes, all it takes to correct this is a simple factory reset in recovery mode. Have you tried that?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
x1xmadex1x
x1xmadex1x
x1xmadex1x
11-01-2016, 02:13 PM
(11-01-2016, 01:23 PM)hovatek
(11-01-2016, 06:34 AM)x1xmadex1x UPDATE

That would only work if your Samung was a clone.
The Baseband unknown ought to have been fixed by flashing the stock ROM. Sometimes, all it takes to correct this is a simple factory reset in recovery mode. Have you tried that?

Yes. I have stock sprint g920p tar. I tried it about 10 times...each time factory resetting before and after flash
This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 02:14 PM by x1xmadex1x.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-01-2016, 07:13 PM
(11-01-2016, 02:13 PM)x1xmadex1x Yes. I have stock sprint g920p tar. I tried it about 10 times...each time factory resetting before and after flash

Have you tried another firmware?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.