Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android need custom recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

need custom recovery

need custom recovery

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-06-2018, 03:26 AM

(08-06-2018, 07:02 PM)Caoimhín Batista Hello,

okay I have flashed stock recovery img now and same problem as with the custom recovery - it does not boot anymore into recovery... strange
But when I flash stock rom the flashed recovery img is the same and it worked to boot stock recovery...

Maybe then it is not a problem of the porters... by the way I tried Mediatek auto Philz recovery porter and Spreadtrum auto TWRP recovery porter 

you're using the wrong tool, spreadtrum porter is for spreadtrum phones
use the MTK port at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html ; there are two different version so if one doesn't work then ensure to try the other version
Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
09-06-2018, 06:41 AM
(08-06-2018, 09:13 AM)Caoimhín Batista
(08-06-2018, 06:35 AM)Yohanan Piadoso Bro do you have any idea about Rom porting and did you port the Rom your self

Hey bro, yes I have a lot of experience.. I just unpack as you told and move kernel from stock to port.

I can''t remember teaching that but nevertheless nice job bro
you are granted little permission to become a experience developer
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
09-06-2018, 01:11 PM
(09-06-2018, 03:26 AM)X3non
(08-06-2018, 07:02 PM)Caoimhín Batista Hello,

okay I have flashed stock recovery img now and same problem as with the custom recovery - it does not boot anymore into recovery... strange
But when I flash stock rom the flashed recovery img is the same and it worked to boot stock recovery...

Maybe then it is not a problem of the porters... by the way I tried Mediatek auto Philz recovery porter and Spreadtrum auto TWRP recovery porter 

you're using the wrong tool, spreadtrum porter is for spreadtrum phones
use the MTK port at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html ; there are two different version so if one doesn't work then ensure to try the other version

Hello, I have tried all porters (MTK Porter, Auto Philz recovery porter and at last the spreadtum porter even it was the wrong porter. 
Nothing seems to help, after flashing ported recovery via fastboot or SP Flashtool the phone just restarts. I hold power + volume up and then I select recovery, phone then just show boot logo and then restarts againg and boot normal mode..
I tried also to port a custom recovery from same chipset by my self and same issue after flashing. I give up, It seems phone refuses to accept recovery flashes.Btw phone is rooted with magisk and bootloader unlocked.
This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 01:17 PM by caoimhinbatista.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-06-2018, 09:31 PM
(09-06-2018, 01:11 PM)caoimhinbatista Hello, I have tried all porters (MTK Porter, Auto Philz recovery porter and at last the spreadtum porter even it was the wrong porter. 
Nothing seems to help, after flashing ported recovery via fastboot or SP Flashtool the phone just restarts. I hold power + volume up and then I select recovery, phone then just show boot logo and then restarts againg and boot normal mode..
I tried also to port a custom recovery from same chipset by my self and same issue after flashing. I give up, It seems phone refuses to accept recovery flashes.Btw phone is rooted with magisk and bootloader unlocked.

just for confirmation
there are two version of the MTK TWRP porting tool, which one of the two did you try?
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
10-06-2018, 01:32 AM

(09-06-2018, 09:31 PM)X3non
(09-06-2018, 01:11 PM)caoimhinbatista Hello, I have tried all porters (MTK Porter, Auto Philz recovery porter and at last the spreadtum porter even it was the wrong porter. 

just for confirmation
there are two version of the MTK TWRP porting tool, which one of the two did you try?

This one https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
10-06-2018, 09:39 AM
(10-06-2018, 01:32 AM)caoimhinbatista
(09-06-2018, 09:31 PM)X3non

just for confirmation

This one https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html

He meant v1.0 or v1.1? Which among the two versions?
This post was last modified: 10-06-2018, 09:41 AM by xerxes.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2