Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MICROMAX Q372 PHONE DEAD
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] MICROMAX Q372 PHONE DEAD

[Please help] MICROMAX Q372 PHONE DEAD

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
22-07-2018, 05:18 AM

I was facing an issue with the phone being stuck in logo screen.I tried to wipe the user data and was unable to do so via recovery.So I flashed the phone with stock rom using Sp Flash tool.Still it once again remained stuck in logo screen.So I tried to format the phone and after that the phone is dead , It does not charge nor power up.I once again tried with format all and download and sp flash tool flashed it successfully and showed the okay screen.The flashing process is happening but the phone does not boot on pressing the power button.It is like totaly dead.Except the only thing that recognizes my phone is the flash tool.Even my laptop which runs on Ubuntu 16.04 does not show any kind of indication on connecting.Please give me a solution.I am very panicked.

How I encountered this problem:
1.Since I was stuck at the boot loop.I tried to wipe data entirely through recovery.There was mount error due to encryption.So my only chance was at flashing the phone.
2.I had 3 version of stock Rom for 3 different build(I didn't know my build no).I tried flashing them all but all the 3 flashed successfully but the result was 
same.Stuck at bootloop.I found out this might be because I was unable to wipe the data from phone.
3.So I wiped the entire data using sp flash tool using the format flash except boot loader option.
4.After that I  had 3 versions of stock Rom with me for different build no.And I think I flashed the one with
the build no which was not meant for my phone.
5.The flashing was successfull.But the phone was dead.
6.Then once again I reflashed other version during which once the flashing was interrupted.
7.Finally I flashed the correct Stock rom version for my build no.Because It was in the end I found out my build no.  
8.The flashing was successfull except the phone is still dead.

Observations:
A.Memory Test: 
      1.ERROR:NAND FLASH NOT DETECTED.(This was present even before the phone became dead .ie when it was stuck at the boot loop after flashing the firmwares). 
      2.ERROR:UFS not detected.(This was present even before the phone became dead .ie when it was stuck at  the boot loop). 
Rest went well.The memory test in the end showed the okay message.
B.Format option:
Now the format option does not work.
When I try to format the phone once again using sp flashtool format whole flash except bootloader.It says ERROR : S_DL_READ_PT_FAIL (5073).

what went well?
I am able to download the preloader first and then seperately download rest of the components.
This I am able to do with and without the battery.

what didnt go well?
1.The phone is still dead.No reaction from the phone on pressing any button.
2.Phone LED does not blink or light up on connecting with or without battery to the wall charger or laptop.
3.The screen is black.

I have a question.
should I try the format whole flash option and not format whole flash except boot loader?
I did not try this since latest version doesnt have this.And there are many people who have encountered problems too with that option.

PLEASE HELP ME.THANK YOU.
This post was last modified: 23-07-2018, 07:47 AM by PJ7.
Protechacha
Protechacha
Protechacha
Techie Member
22-07-2018, 11:32 AM
If you are sure your flashed the correct rom, Keep it charging and try long pressing the power button.
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
22-07-2018, 12:52 PM
(22-07-2018, 11:32 AM)Protechacha If you are sure your flashed the correct rom, Keep it charging and try long pressing the power button.

There is also no indication of the phone being charged.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-07-2018, 01:31 PM
(22-07-2018, 05:18 AM)PJ7 I was facing an issue with the phone being stuck in logo screen.I tried to wipe the user data and was unable to do so via recovery.So I flashed the phone with stock rom using Sp Flash tool.Still it once again remained stuck in logo screen.So I tried to format the phone and after that the phone is dead , It does not charge nor power up.I once again tried with format all and download and sp flash tool flashed it successfully and showed the okay screen.The flashing process is happening but the phone does not boot on pressing the power button.It is like totaly dead.Except the only thing that recognizes my phone is the flash tool.Even my laptop which runs on Ubuntu 16.04 does not show any kind of indication on connecting.Please give me a solution.I am very panicked.
I have a question.
should I try the format whole flash option and not format whole flash except boot loader?
I did not try this since latest version doesnt have this.And there are many people who have encountered problems too with that option.

This sounds pretty much like a hardware storage problem. You could try the format whole flash option, you have little to lose

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
23-07-2018, 01:42 PM

(23-07-2018, 01:31 PM)hovatek
(22-07-2018, 05:18 AM)PJ7 I was facing an issue with the phone being stuck in logo screen.I tried to wipe the user data and was unable to do so via recovery.So I flashed the phone with stock rom using Sp Flash tool.Still it once again remained stuck in logo screen.So I tried to format the phone and after that the phone is dead , It does not charge nor power up.I once again tried with format all and download and sp flash tool flashed it successfully and showed the okay screen.The flashing process is happening but the phone does not boot on pressing the power button.It is like totaly dead.Except the only thing that recognizes my phone is the flash tool.Even my laptop which runs on Ubuntu 16.04 does not show any kind of indication on connecting.Please give me a solution.I am very panicked.
I have a question.

This sounds pretty much like a hardware storage problem. You could try the format whole flash option, you have little to lose

Thank you very much I will try it out.And is there any chance that it Could be emmc problem?
And if this is actually a hardware storage problem is there any way to fix it?
This post was last modified: 23-07-2018, 01:50 PM by PJ7.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-07-2018, 03:45 PM
(23-07-2018, 01:42 PM)PJ7 Thank you very much I will try it out.And is there any chance that it Could be emmc problem?
And if this is actually a hardware storage problem is there any way to fix it?

"7.Finally I flashed the correct Stock rom version for my build no.Because It was in the end I found out my build no. "
how did you verify the build number of your device seeing as you already flashed several roms onto it?

observation A: the errors only tell that your device doesn't use those storage type, uses emmc storage 

observation B: there is a fix for that listed at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

if truly you flashed the correct firmware build and the device still remains dead then its likely a faulty emmc issue and you'll need to take the device to a phone hardware repair technician
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
24-07-2018, 03:09 AM
@X3non
It was written inside the back of the phone.The Hardware and software version .

Then I found a stock rom with the name corresponding to my hardware and software version.

I did try the fix.It did not work sadly.ie I did a download only for the complete firmware and then after that tried to format it again.Still the same error.

THANK YOU For helping me.
This post was last modified: 24-07-2018, 03:15 AM by PJ7.
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
24-07-2018, 03:13 AM
(23-07-2018, 01:31 PM)hovatek
I have a question.

I could not find a format whole flash option in the latest sp flash tool version.I could although find the version for windows.
The version with format whole flash option is missing in linux version.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-07-2018, 11:49 AM
(24-07-2018, 03:09 AM)PJ7 @X3non

Then I found a stock rom with the name corresponding to my hardware and software version.

I did try the fix.It did not work sadly.ie I did a download only for the complete firmware and then after that tried to format it again.Still the same error.

Since the firmware that matches your phone didn't work then it just might be emmc

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
25-07-2018, 12:53 PM

(24-07-2018, 11:49 AM)hovatek
(24-07-2018, 03:09 AM)PJ7 @X3non

Since the firmware that matches your phone didn't work then it just might be emmc

Since I had no other options and the format whole flash except bootloader option was not working and the format whole flash option was not present in any version of sp flash tool for linux.
I had to proceed with manual formating flash.It was successfull.I left the formating address as the default one which was provided by sp flash tool when I opted the option.After manual formating now I am unable to flash the firmware or run a memory test or do anything with the sp flash tool.Although the phone is being detected by the sp flash tool.When I connect it goes until download DA 100% red bar.After which it is stuck at that point.No errors nothing.It is simply stuck at downloading DA 100%.And another thing I noticed is that when I check the usb devices connected to my laptop in which runs on Ubuntu It shows MediaTek Inc. MT6227 phone But it is actually MT6582.And sp flash tool cannot recognize any detail about the phone.
This post was last modified: 25-07-2018, 01:00 PM by PJ7.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next