Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android CANT MODIFY FRAMEWORK-RES.APK
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

CANT MODIFY FRAMEWORK-RES.APK

CANT MODIFY FRAMEWORK-RES.APK

Krish Nanthu
Krish Nanthu
Krish Nanthu
Enthusiastic Member
30-09-2018, 08:27 AM

Hello all.recently i installed a custom recovery on my phone.when i used kernel auditor i found that my battery capacity is indicated as 2050mah instead of the real 4000mah size.so i googled and i found out that some manufacturers fail to update the power profile.xml in framework-res.apk.i used root explorer to find out whether my manufacturer has updated it and no,they didnt and they left it to 2050mah.but in the kernel they have changed the value to 4000mah.because of this my phone always reports wrong battery percentage,i.e for example if i charge my phone to 30% it would disharge from 30 to 5% in minutes and would stay in 5% for hours.this irritated me,so i pulled the file through adb and used apktool to extract it and changed value in power profile.xml and when i tried to flash it my phone ends up in an infinite bootloop.what can i do now?also my rom is not deodexed.its a spreadtrum device.its name is INTEX AQUA POWER II.but it gives me a standby time of 4 days or more.screen on time is also decent.so i just want to fix the incorrect battery percent.
juvette
juvette
juvette
01-10-2018, 09:01 AM
(30-09-2018, 08:27 AM)Krish Nanthu Hello all.recently i installed a custom recovery on my phone.when i used kernel auditor i found that my battery capacity is indicated as 2050mah instead of the real 4000mah size.so i googled and i found out that some manufacturers fail to update the power profile.xml in framework-res.apk.i used root explorer to find out whether my manufacturer has updated it and no,they didnt and they left it to 2050mah.but in the kernel they have changed the value to 4000mah.because of this my phone always reports wrong battery percentage,i.e for example if i charge my phone to 30% it would disharge from 30 to 5% in minutes and would stay in 5% for hours.this irritated me,so i pulled the file through adb and used apktool to extract it and changed value in power profile.xml and when i tried to flash it my phone ends up in an infinite bootloop.what can i do now?also my rom is not deodexed.its a spreadtrum device.its name is INTEX AQUA POWER II.but it gives me a standby time of 4 days or more.screen on time is also decent.so i just want to fix the incorrect battery percent.

You need to first de-odex before modding any apk. You need to dump system.img, extract, deodex, tweak framework-res, repack system then flash.
Check out https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15846.html & https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20497.html

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 09:01 AM by juvette.
Krish Nanthu
Krish Nanthu
Krish Nanthu
Enthusiastic Member
07-10-2018, 07:35 AM
Thank you for the reply.i deodexed the ROM with the your help successfully.again after deodexing I tried to modify the framework but still I get a bootloop.also icant install xposed framework lollipop.any ideas?
juvette
juvette
juvette
08-10-2018, 10:54 AM
(07-10-2018, 07:35 AM)Krish Nanthu Thank you for the reply.i deodexed the ROM with the your help successfully.again after deodexing I tried to modify the framework but still I get a bootloop.also icant install xposed framework lollipop.any ideas?

Have you found anoyne with your model who fixed this by editing only that value in framework.res?
As for Xposed, try https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16021.html

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile