Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Lenova K3 Note (k50a40) bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Lenova K3 Note (k50a40) bricked

Lenova K3 Note (k50a40) bricked

Strangerme
Strangerme
Strangerme
Enthusiastic Member
12-12-2018, 01:21 PM

I recently tried to root my K3 note which was on marshmallow rom but fastboot didn't detect device after trying many solutions online i tried this to flash this recovery via sp tools https://forum.xda-developers.com/k3-note...p-t3346041.
First time the flash was success but the recovery didn't open while holding up vol and power buttons so i tried to reflash the recovery again this time i get  error saying the file is different from the device connected. Ever since then phone was bricked no opening expect showing up in sp tools so i tried to flash stock rom which i used in the past even then i kept getting errors like this .
[Image: OviMtJN.jpg]
while formatting and flashing
[Image: iTO08ot.jpg]
[Image: eUGcerf.jpg]

I tried flashing different versions of the rom including the chinese version of k50 t5 but similar error occurs .
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-12-2018, 04:21 PM
(12-12-2018, 01:21 PM)Strangerme I recently tried to root my K3 note which was on marshmallow rom but fastboot didn't detect device after trying many solutions online i tried this to flash this recovery via sp tools https://forum.xda-developers.com/k3-note...p-t3346041.
First time the flash was success but the recovery didn't open while holding up vol and power buttons so i tried to reflash the recovery again this time i get  error saying the file is different from the device connected. Ever since then phone was bricked no opening expect showing up in sp tools so i tried to flash stock rom which i used in the past even then i kept getting errors like this .
I tried flashing different versions of the rom including the chinese version of k50 t5 but similar error occurs .

1. Hope you're not holding any button when connecting to PC
2. Take out, re-insert the battery & retry flashing

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Strangerme
Strangerme
Strangerme
Enthusiastic Member
12-12-2018, 05:36 PM
(12-12-2018, 04:21 PM)hovatek
(12-12-2018, 01:21 PM)Strangerme I recently tried to root my K3 note which was on marshmallow rom but fastboot didn't detect device after trying many solutions online i tried this to flash this recovery via sp tools https://forum.xda-developers.com/k3-note...p-t3346041.

thanks for reply,tried without holding any buttons it give time out error 1042
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
12-12-2018, 07:08 PM
(12-12-2018, 05:36 PM)Strangerme
(12-12-2018, 01:21 PM)Strangerme
I recently tried to root my K3 note which was on marshmallow rom but fastboot didn't detect device after trying many solutions online i tried this to flash this recovery via sp tools https://forum.xda-developers.com/k3-note...p-t3346041.

Have you tried? Take out, re-insert the battery and retry flashing
This post was last modified: 12-12-2018, 07:09 PM by xerxes.
Strangerme
Strangerme
Strangerme
Enthusiastic Member
13-12-2018, 01:53 PM

(12-12-2018, 07:08 PM)innagee
(12-12-2018, 05:36 PM)Strangerme

Have you tried? Take out, re-insert the battery and retry flashing

okay i tried this on new pc this is what i get
[Image: CevaA1X.jpg]
[Image: nFwyYuZ.jpg]
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-12-2018, 08:14 PM
(13-12-2018, 01:53 PM)Strangerme okay i tried this on new pc this is what i get

what error do you get when you try latest SP flash tool version on this other PC?
can your phone still boot to homescreen?
and do you have a working stock rom / firmware for your device? OR you're still trying to flash the same recovery that couldn't boot
Strangerme
Strangerme
Strangerme
Enthusiastic Member
17-12-2018, 11:49 AM
(14-12-2018, 08:14 PM)X3non
(13-12-2018, 01:53 PM)Strangerme okay i tried this on new pc this is what i get

what error do you get when you try latest SP flash tool version on this other PC?
and do you have a working stock rom / firmware for your device? OR you're still trying to flash the same recovery that couldn't boot
https://i.imgur.com/bnO4tNY.jpg

nope phone doesn't boot or go into recovery or show battery charging when charger connected.

i have  stock firmware which i have used in the past, it was the current rom to when i tried installing that custom recovery, i stopped trying custom recovery just want the phone to boot up .
Strangerme
Strangerme
Strangerme
Enthusiastic Member
17-12-2018, 01:47 PM

noob question ,my friend has the same phone with os pretty much untouched is it possible to back up that phone via Miracle box and write that files to my bricked device.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-12-2018, 04:26 PM
(17-12-2018, 11:49 AM)Strangerme what error do you get when you try latest SP flash tool version on this other PC?
https://i.imgur.com/bnO4tNY.jpg

nope phone doesn't boot or go into recovery or show battery charging when charger connected.

i have  stock firmware which i have used in the past, it was the current rom to when i tried installing that custom recovery, i stopped trying custom recovery just want the phone to boot up .

take out / reinsert the battery of the phone (you will need to loosen the back cover of the phone if the battery is inbuilt) then connect to a charger and allow to charge for some hours. then try powering on the phone

if its still dead then retry flashing using latest SP flash tool
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-12-2018, 04:27 PM

(17-12-2018, 01:47 PM)Strangerme noob question ,my friend has the same phone with os pretty much untouched is it possible to back up that phone via Miracle box and write that files to my bricked device.

if you have a miracle box dongle, you can try that if not then use the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html to backup from the working phone