Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] WWr + SP Flash tool wouldn't help in (INFINIX NOTE Stylus) android back up
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] WWr + SP Flash tool wouldn't help in (INFINIX NOTE Stylus) android back up

[Please help] WWr + SP Flash tool wouldn't help in (INFINIX NOTE Stylus) android back up

Nedmichael
Nedmichael
Nedmichael
31-12-2018, 11:44 AM

I wanted to root my Infinix Note5 stylus with Magisk, but was told to first have my device Stock boot image at hand. On course to get it, trying to do an Android backup with (MKT Droid tool), did not work, because the device runs on Oreo 8.1, and wasn't fully  recognized by Mtk Droid tool. 

I saw a thread in Hovatek forum on how to create a scatter file and do a read back with SP Flash tool, but got lost on the way, because i couldn't successfully create a scatter file of the Infinix Note5 stylus. The block maps in mtk droidDtool didn't show my device informations and values. Because of that I couldn't fill in the start address or length as required. 

What is actually wrong ? Even after installing MTK ENGINEER MODE APP from Play store, I tried running the app but was told no ENGINEER MODE APP INSTALLED. Is the device not an mtk device ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-12-2018, 11:53 AM
(31-12-2018, 11:44 AM)Nedmichael I wanted to root my Infinix Note5 stylus with Magisk, but was told to first have my device Stock boot image at hand. On course to get it, trying to do an Android backup with (MKT Droid tool), did not work, because the device runs on Oreo 8.1, and wasn't fully  recognized by Mtk Droid tool. 

I saw a thread in Hovatek forum on how to create a scatter file and do a read back with SP Flash tool, but got lost on the way, because i couldn't successfully create a scatter file of the Infinix Note5 stylus. The block maps in mtk droidDtool didn't show my device informations and values. Because of that I couldn't fill in the start address or length as required. 

What is actually wrong ? Even after installing MTK ENGINEER MODE APP from Play store, I tried running the app but was told no ENGINEER MODE APP INSTALLED. Is the device not an mtk device ?

you don't need mtk droid tools when using wwr backup guide. simply follow the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
let's know the point where you encounter any error while using that guide