Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android mtk: lockscreen crash in any rom after full format
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

mtk: lockscreen crash in any rom after full format

mtk: lockscreen crash in any rom after full format

steel71
steel71
steel71
29-01-2020, 06:20 PM

Hi, yesterday I accidentally reflashed stock rom with format all + download in sp flash tool. I restored my imei, and everything works, however when i restored my twrp backup, lockscreen crashed when i insert the right pin. therefore, I removed the pin from recovery, and after, I got access to the rom. However when I tried to set the pin again, in security settings, settings app just crashed. I think I could fix this problem with a simple data wipe, however that didn't work, and it seems that after that format all + download I did, I have that problem on all stock ROM versions. Also, I flashed stock ROMs many times and only now I'm having this problem, so, I think it's related to that format all + download in some way. Do you know if it can be the cause of my problem and how to fix it? My phone is umidigi power (mt6765)
Thanks
This post was last modified: 29-01-2020, 06:21 PM by steel71.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-01-2020, 09:45 AM
(29-01-2020, 06:20 PM)steel71 Hi, yesterday I accidentally reflashed stock rom with format all + download in sp flash tool. I restored my imei, and everything works, however when i restored my twrp backup, lockscreen crashed when i insert the right pin. therefore, I removed the pin from recovery, and after, I got access to the rom. However when I tried to set the pin again, in security settings, settings app just crashed. I think I could fix this problem with a simple data wipe, however that didn't work, and it seems that after that format all + download I did, I have that problem on all stock ROM versions. Also, I flashed stock ROMs many times and only now I'm having this problem, so, I think it's related to that format all + download in some way. Do you know if it can be the cause of my problem and how to fix it? My phone is umidigi power (mt6765)
Thanks

do you remember the original build number of your device?
atm, when you flash stock firmware, does the device go through initial setup or does it boot straight back into homescreen?
steel71
steel71
steel71
30-01-2020, 04:12 PM
(30-01-2020, 09:45 AM)X3non
(29-01-2020, 06:20 PM)steel71 Hi, yesterday I accidentally reflashed stock rom with format all + download in sp flash tool. I restored my imei, and everything works, however when i restored my twrp backup, lockscreen crashed when i insert the right pin. therefore, I removed the pin from recovery, and after, I got access to the rom. However when I tried to set the pin again, in security settings, settings app just crashed. I think I could fix this problem with a simple data wipe, however that didn't work, and it seems that after that format all + download I did, I have that problem on all stock ROM versions. Also, I flashed stock ROMs many times and only now I'm having this problem, so, I think it's related to that format all + download in some way. Do you know if it can be the cause of my problem and how to fix it? My phone is umidigi power (mt6765)
Thanks

do you remember the original build number of your device?
atm, when you flash stock firmware, does the device go through initial setup or does it boot straight back into homescreen?
Thanks for the reply. I think I found what the problem is. Basically when I use format all, it also deletes a device-specific identifier regarding trusted execution environment or something like that, which results in a fingerprint loss and other problems like mine. On logcat i noticed a "trust service" crash which makes sense. Luckily umidigi offers a fix for that, even though I had to pay them $15. I will let you know if it fixes my problems when I get the fix
steel71
steel71
steel71
03-02-2020, 04:01 PM
In the end I fixed the problem with the fix that umidigi sent me
This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 04:02 PM by steel71.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
03-02-2020, 09:30 PM

(03-02-2020, 04:01 PM)steel71 In the end I fixed the problem with the fix that umidigi sent me

Could you post the fix they sent to you to help others that might have this issue.
steel71
steel71
steel71
12-01-2021, 02:38 AM
(03-02-2020, 09:30 PM)xerxes Could you post the fix they sent to you to help others that might have this issue.

Sorry for the very late reply, but in case other users have the same problem, the issue can only be resolved by paying the umidigi guys who will send you a device-specific file to flash (so mine won't work for others). Everything is explained here https://community.umidigi.com/m/?a=viewthread&tid=19007