Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] tecno p9 flashes on and off after rom flashing

Pls I used a stock rom for tecno p9 to format my phone but after the flashing the phone does not come on. Instead it will show tecno and go off. It continues like that. Without turning on fully. I have done factory reset bt got the error: can't mount sd. Pls what do I do or did I not use the correct stock rom?

(11-02-2015, 07:59 PM)ugop2cute Wrote: Pls I used a stock rom for tecno p9 to format my phone but after the flashing the phone does not come on. Instead it will show tecno and go off. It continues like that. Without turning on fully. I have done factory reset bt got the error: can't mount sd. Pls what do I do or did I not use the correct stock rom?

To fix mount /data error, see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-7655.html
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(11-03-2015, 12:00 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 07:59 PM)ugop2cute Wrote: Pls I used a stock rom for tecno p9 to format my phone but after the flashing the phone does not come on. Instead it will show tecno and go off. It continues like that. Without turning on fully. I have done factory reset bt got the error: can't mount sd. Pls what do I do or did I not use the correct stock rom?

To fix mount /data error, see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-7655.html

It didn't work.  Instead the fine is not coming on again
(11-03-2015, 02:04 PM)ugop2cute Wrote: It didn't work.  Instead the fine is not coming on again

Does it show the charging sign when connected?
No it doesnt

(11-03-2015, 08:27 PM)ugop2cute Wrote: No it doesnt

Does the PC make a sound when connected?
(11-04-2015, 09:49 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 08:27 PM)ugop2cute Wrote: No it doesnt

Does the PC make a sound when connected?

Yes it does
(11-04-2015, 10:14 AM)ugop2cute Wrote: Yes it does

The battery is probably drained. Leave it to charge for 2 hours then try powering
I have taken the phone to a repairer and he flashed it.  The phone is working fine now but I want to know why the phon kept  going off and on when I flashed it myself using sp flash tool.  I don't want to spend much money again flashing my phone if the need arises.  I don't think it's the battery.  Thanks
(11-04-2015, 04:01 PM)ugop2cute Wrote: I have taken the phone to a repairer and he flashed it.  The phone is working fine now but I want to know why the phon kept  going off and on when I flashed it myself using sp flash tool.  I don't want to spend much money again flashing my phone if the need arises.  I don't think it's the battery.  Thanks

that often happens when the battery is drained or the firmware needs to be reflashed.
its gong totally dead points at a drained battery so the first thing should have been to charge the battery to at least 50% then try booting. if the loop persists then you reflash the same or another firmware.