Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My tecno C8 booting to TWRP recovery mode
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] My tecno C8 booting to TWRP recovery mode

[Please help] My tecno C8 booting to TWRP recovery mode

omarion45
omarion45
omarion45
Enthusiastic Member
07-11-2015, 07:37 PM

Please I mistakenly updated my Rooted  Tecno C8 with the system OTA update and after it has finished installing the update my phone shut down and since then if I on it it only display the tecno welcome message and then boot to the TWRP recovery screen..pls help me on how to rectify this so that my phone can be working perfectly again.... Don't mind my foolishness pls
s.m
s.m
s.m
07-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Bro, same thing I experienced, though I unrooted the phone with superuser but it didn't take effect in twrp recovery. What u have to do is to download stockrom for tecno c8 which is 1gig, better u download it with system, then using sp flash tool to flash system.img.
Note:whenever you off ur phone, it will reboot back to twrp recovery, so u have to be vigilant when connecting the phone with flash tool using cord. Immediately u connect, hold down the volume - key till the task is completed. Or else it will keep booting as u are connecting the phone to d system. Faced lot of hell before I could get it. Then after completed and show download OK. Then u disconnect and on ur phone. It will take time to boot expecially in the tecno logo but be calm. Then after finally booted, then u can update your os. I hope this helps.

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Hovatek mobile
omarion45
omarion45
omarion45
Enthusiastic Member
08-11-2015, 06:32 AM
Thank you so much my brother.. God will bless you...I will try it today as you have said my brother although I am not an IT guy but guess I will get it the way u said my brother... So after I flash the stock ROM on it I can now update the OS using OTA update by the manufacturer...and can I root it again after that bro...u can drop your number for me in case I need further help...I am so grateful bro..Jah bless
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-11-2015, 07:08 PM
(08-11-2015, 06:32 AM)omarion45 Thank you so much my brother.. God will bless you...I will try it today as you have said my brother although I am not an IT guy but guess I will get it the way u said my brother... So after I flash the stock ROM on it I can now update the OS using OTA update by the manufacturer...and can I root it again after that bro...u can drop your number for me in case I need further help...I am so grateful bro..Jah bless

download the stock ROM @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

you can then do the OTA update and root after the OTA

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
omarion45
omarion45
omarion45
Enthusiastic Member
08-11-2015, 08:45 PM

Thank you my brother, you have been of so much help... My phone is now working perfectly after flashing the stock room, still thinking if to root again cos the multitasking ain't solved after dinner update... GOD BLESS U AND THE HOVATEK TEAM AND THE USERS AS WELL... YOU ALL ARE MY FAMILY
s.m
s.m
s.m
08-11-2015, 09:08 PM
U are welcome bro

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-11-2015, 11:06 AM
(08-11-2015, 08:45 PM)omarion45 Thank you my brother, you have been of so much help... My phone is now working  perfectly  after flashing  the stock room, still thinking if to root again cos the multitasking  ain't solved after dinner update... GOD BLESS U AND THE HOVATEK TEAM AND THE USERS AS WELL... YOU ALL ARE MY FAMILY

to solve the multi-tasking issue, disable the battery saving setting. if that doesnt help then root and install RAM manager pro.apk

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.