11-07-2015, 10:53 PM
What is mobile number portability (MNP)?
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a facility which
allows you to migrate from your current network to others while retaining your existing operator's mobile number.
MNP is applicable for porting between mobile
operators only, in the same Telecom Circle. Also, by
regulation, a customer can port-into another operator only if he/she has been with that operator for at least 90 days.
How to port to GLO
1. Visit any nearby GLO office , GLO zone or GLO SIM registration stand
2. Ensure you take along with you, a valid means of identification , photocopy of the id and the mobile number you want to port to GLO
3. Request for the Port-In request form
4. Fill up and submit the Port-In MNP form
5. Send PORT as an SMS to 3232
6. You will receive a first SMS saying “Thank you for your SMS. Your request is being processed”
7. The rep will issue you a new GLO SIM, ensure you register the SIM
8. Keep using your Old SIM till you receive
the second SMS.
9. The OLD SIM will stop working once you receive the second SMS.
10. Once you receive the second SMS remove your old SIM and replace with the GLO SIM given to you.