Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android My Tecno H5 got bricked. I gave it to a phone engineer and he changed..
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

My Tecno H5 got bricked. I gave it to a phone engineer and he changed..

My Tecno H5 got bricked. I gave it to a phone engineer and he changed..

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Uthman
Uthman
Uthman
21-12-2014, 03:15 PM

Pls help.

My Tecno H5 got bricked. I gave it to a phone engineer and he changed the custom ROM of the phone from "stock recovery" to "cwm". Still, the phone didn't work/boot. The phone even got worst, because I could use the phone after pressing "wipe data.." before. But now, the phone cannot even be opened to " wipe factory data ". Please, help.
This post was last modified: 21-12-2014, 03:27 PM by Uthman.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-12-2014, 04:42 PM
(21-12-2014, 03:15 PM)Uthman Pls help.

My Tecno H5 got bricked. I gave it to a phone engineer and he changed the custom ROM of the phone from "stock recovery" to "cwm". Still, the phone didn't work/boot. The phone even got worst, because I could use the phone after pressing "wipe data.." before. But now, the phone cannot even be opened to " wipe factory data ". Please, help.

i need to know the current state of the phone
1. when you try to boot normally,what does it show?
2. are you able to boot into recovery? If yes, is it stock recovery or clockworkmod recovery?
3. what exactly do you mean by "the phone cannot even be opened to  wipe factory data " ?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Uthman
Uthman
Uthman
21-12-2014, 07:29 PM
1. When I boot normally, it shows light only( with no Tecno logo). When I lift my hand from the power key, the light goes off.
2. I am able to boot to recovery mode. But when I select option(i.e rocovery mode), the screen light disappears and nothing shows. The current ROM is clockwordMod recovery. The previous one was stock recovery..

3. What I mean is, whenever I try to reset or clear the factory data, it refuses to open to a place where there many options like; reboot, wipe data, backup, restore, etc
Uthman
Uthman
Uthman
21-12-2014, 07:31 PM
1. When I boot normally, it shows light only( with no Tecno logo). When I lift my hand from the power key, the light goes off.
2. I am able to boot to recovery mode. But when I select option(i.e rocovery mode), the screen light disappears and nothing shows. The current ROM is clockwordMod recovery. The previous one was stock recovery..

3. What I mean is, whenever I try to reset or clear the factory data, it refuses to open to a place where there many options like; reboot, wipe data, backup, restore, etc

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-12-2014, 08:20 PM

(21-12-2014, 07:31 PM)Uthman 1. When I boot normally, it shows light only( with no Tecno logo). When I lift my hand from the power key, the light goes off.

Thanks

ok. seems you'll need an H5 MTK backup. can you get access to a working H5? if not, let me have your gmail address so I grant you permission to download H5 MTK backup @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html 

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Uthman
Uthman
Uthman
21-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Yes. I have got a backup from a good Tecno H5 phone. It is saved in my sd card. Its size is 142.3MB
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-12-2014, 08:48 PM
(21-12-2014, 08:39 PM)Uthman Yes. I have got a backup from a good Tecno H5 phone. It is saved in my sd card. Its size is 142.3MB

dont think thats the backup you need, all the same, whats the name of this h5 backup and can you list the files inside
BTW, can you still get access to the working H5?

Note!
Uthman
Uthman
Uthman
21-12-2014, 09:09 PM
userdata_20141219_155019.backup

That's the name of the backup.

Yes. I can still get access to the working Tecno H5 phone.

Thanks!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-12-2014, 09:45 AM
(21-12-2014, 09:09 PM)Uthman userdata_20141219_155019.backup

That's the name of the backup.

Yes. I can still get access to the working Tecno H5 phone.

Thanks!

the backup you have isnt what you need. lets know when you get the working H5. Also, ensure to root it using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1.html

Note!
Uthman
Uthman
Uthman
22-12-2014, 11:42 AM

Please grant me permission to download it, because I don't believe I can be able to make it myself from a working Tecno H5 phone. I have requested for permission through the thread you sent before.
Please, grant me permission to download Tecno H5 (MTK Backup).

Thank you!
This post was last modified: 22-12-2014, 11:44 AM by Uthman.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next