Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] NVRAM WARNING Error on Tecno Phantom Z mini
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] NVRAM WARNING Error on Tecno Phantom Z mini

[Please help] NVRAM WARNING Error on Tecno Phantom Z mini

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
cezeudu
cezeudu
cezeudu
11-11-2015, 04:15 PM

Hi, I had been having issues with my Tecno Phantom Z mini a few months after I started using it. First problem was that I suddenly couldn't use a blue tooth headset. It just wouldn't connect a bluetooth device. At about the same time, the physical earpiece started having issues. When I plug in the earpiece I hear more noice than any meaningful thing. Also, it started having difficulty connecting to pc as storage device. Each time I connected it, I had to go to settings, disable or enable usb debugging, before it would see the storage device.

Needless to say, I was so glad when a Stock ROM backup became available on Hovatek. I quickly downloaded and, using SP flash tool, I replaced it on my phone. Now, not only does the bluetooth still not connect and all other errors remain (minus the difficulty connecting as storage device, which seemed to have been corrected), I now discover that when I try to connect to a wireless device, I get "NVRAM WARNING: Err=0x10" as a device under wireless devices. Even when I see my actual wireless router and connect to it, it keeps disconnecting and unable to see the router most times, even when I am inches away from the router!

I have tried formating and other stuff using SP Flash tool but error remain. Please is there something I am not doing right? Is the phone permanently bad? (it is still under warranty from Tecno but at their service center I was told I had to leave it for about two weeks, which to me was crap and which is why I sought an alternative solution... Let me state, by the way, that Tecno after sales service is hopeless to say the least). Is there a problem with the copy of the scatter files on Hovatek? Because that is what I used.

Apart from these errors, the phone works well. However I bought the phone for more than just making calls and sending messages. I am seriously regretting the money I wasted buying this phone and it surely would be the LAST TECNO I WOULD EVER BUY OR ADVICE SOMEONE TO BUY!

Please is there any help for me, especially on the "NVRAM WARNING: Err=0x10"?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-11-2015, 05:41 PM
(11-11-2015, 04:15 PM)cezeudu Hi, I had been having issues with my Tecno Phantom Z mini a few months after I started using it. First problem was that I suddenly couldn't use a blue tooth headset. It just wouldn't connect a bluetooth device. At about the same time, the physical earpiece started having issues. When I plug in the earpiece I hear more noice than any meaningful thing. Also, it started having difficulty connecting to pc as storage device. Each time I connected it, I had to go to settings, disable or enable usb debugging, before it would see the storage device.

Needless to say, I was so glad when a Stock ROM backup became available on Hovatek. I quickly downloaded and, using SP flash tool, I replaced it on my phone. Now, not only does the bluetooth still not connect and all other errors remain (minus the difficulty connecting as storage device, which seemed to have been corrected), I now discover that when I try to connect to a wireless device, I get "NVRAM WARNING: Err=0x10" as a device under wireless devices. Even when I see my actual wireless router and connect to it, it keeps disconnecting and unable to see the router most times, even when I am inches away from the router!

I have tried formating and other stuff using SP Flash tool but error remain. Please is there something I am not doing right? Is the phone permanently bad? (it is still under warranty from Tecno but at their service center I was told I had to leave it for about two weeks, which to me was crap and which is why I sought an alternative solution... Let me state, by the way, that Tecno after sales service is hopeless to say the least). Is there a problem with the copy of the scatter files on Hovatek? Because that is what I used.

Apart from these errors, the phone works well. However I bought the phone for more than just making calls and sending messages. I am seriously regretting the money I wasted buying this phone and it surely would be the LAST TECNO I WOULD EVER BUY OR ADVICE SOMEONE TO BUY!

Nothing to panic about. 
You can fix the NVRAM error using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-117.html
As for the firmware,  how long ago did you download it?  We uploaded a fresh copy after uploading the first one so I hope it's not the Old one.
This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 05:41 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
cezeudu
cezeudu
cezeudu
11-11-2015, 06:55 PM
(11-11-2015, 05:41 PM)hovatek
(11-11-2015, 04:15 PM)cezeudu Hi, I had been having issues with my Tecno Phantom Z mini a few months after I started using it. First problem was that I suddenly couldn't use a blue tooth headset. It just wouldn't connect a bluetooth device. At about the same time, the physical earpiece started having issues. When I plug in the earpiece I hear more noice than any meaningful thing. Also, it started having difficulty connecting to pc as storage device. Each time I connected it, I had to go to settings, disable or enable usb debugging, before it would see the storage device.

Nothing to panic about. 
You can fix the NVRAM error using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-117.html
As for the firmware,  how long ago did you download it?  We uploaded a fresh copy after uploading the first one so I hope it's not the Old one.

Hi, Thanks so much for the quick response. I downloaded the firmware last week, precisely on the 3rd of November. Would that be the old or the new file please?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-11-2015, 09:36 AM
(11-11-2015, 06:55 PM)cezeudu Hi, Thanks so much for the quick response. I downloaded the firmware last week, precisely on the 3rd of November. Would that be the old or the new file please?

thats it.
have you fixed the NVRAM error? also, consider doing a firmware upgrade using the ROM

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
cezeudu
cezeudu
cezeudu
12-11-2015, 10:57 AM

(12-11-2015, 09:36 AM)hovatek
(11-11-2015, 06:55 PM)cezeudu Hi, Thanks so much for the quick response. I downloaded the firmware last week, precisely on the 3rd of November. Would that be the old or the new file please?

thats it.
have you fixed the NVRAM error? also, consider doing a firmware upgrade using the ROM

I tried the NVRAM fix for the wifi and now I have a new problem Sad :the phone freezes when I turn wifi on! When I turn wifi on, it will keep saying "turning wifi on" for as long as I can wait until I restart the phone and then the wifi would be on but the phone would hand and require forced restart.

Also, any help concerning inability to detect any bluetooth device despite the bluetooth being on? The phone indicates there is an address for the bluetooth, even the wifi has mac address.

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-11-2015, 08:43 PM
(12-11-2015, 10:57 AM)cezeudu I tried the NVRAM fix for the wifi and now I have a new problem Sad :the phone freezes when I turn wifi on! When I turn wifi on, it will keep saying "turning wifi on" for as long as I can wait until I restart the phone and then the wifi would be on but the phone would hand and require forced restart.

Also, any help concerning inability to detect any bluetooth device despite the bluetooth being on? The phone indicates there is an address for the bluetooth, even the wifi has mac address.

Thanks

hoping its not an IC (hardware) issue.
reflash system.img (Android) and let me know if it persists

Note!
cezeudu
cezeudu
cezeudu
13-11-2015, 12:36 PM
(12-11-2015, 08:43 PM)hovatek
(12-11-2015, 10:57 AM)cezeudu I tried the NVRAM fix for the wifi and now I have a new problem Sad :the phone freezes when I turn wifi on! When I turn wifi on, it will keep saying "turning wifi on" for as long as I can wait until I restart the phone and then the wifi would be on but the phone would hand and require forced restart.

Thanks

hoping its not an IC (hardware) issue.
reflash system.img (Android) and let me know if it persists

Please, where do I get system.img? I don't think I saw anything like that in the scatter files i used.

Thanks by the way for your assistance so far, meanwhile the hanging has stopped after I reduced the no of permissions selected for the wifi file, however, although the NVRAM error doesn't come up again, the phone still can't see any wifi device.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-11-2015, 02:42 PM
(13-11-2015, 12:36 PM)cezeudu Thanks by the way for your assistance so far, meanwhile the hanging has stopped after I reduced the no of permissions selected for the wifi file, however, although the NVRAM error doesn't come up again, the phone still can't see any wifi device.

In SP flash tool, untick all except Android

Note!
cezeudu
cezeudu
cezeudu
13-11-2015, 03:12 PM
(13-11-2015, 02:42 PM)hovatek
(13-11-2015, 12:36 PM)cezeudu Thanks by the way for your assistance so far, meanwhile the hanging has stopped after I reduced the no of permissions selected for the wifi file, however, although the NVRAM error doesn't come up again, the phone still can't see any wifi device.

In SP flash tool, untick all except Android

Hi,

Done that, no changes, same problem.

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-11-2015, 05:20 PM

(13-11-2015, 03:12 PM)cezeudu Hi,

Done that, no changes, same problem.

Thanks

Can you get access to a working Phantom z mini ?

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next