Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Upgrade Rom without "System Upgrade" in Settings

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015, 04:23 PM by a4apple. )

As the title stated. There is no "system upgrade or similar in the Settings app but There's a newer ROM than my current one. So, I plan to upgrade it through SP Flash. My phone is Lenovo A606 (MT6582) and rooted with TWRP. Do I need to UnRoot it first and flash using SP Flash or just flash with SP Flash? Another thing is I dont wanted to clear my data, is it possible to update without wiping all my data?

(11-16-2015, 04:18 PM)a4apple Wrote: As the title stated. There is no "system upgrade or similar in the Settings app but There's a newer ROM than my current one. So, I plan to upgrade it through SP Flash. My phone is Lenovo A606 (MT6582) and rooted with TWRP. Do I need to UnRoot it first and flash using SP Flash or just flash with SP Flash? Another thing is I dont wanted to clear my data, is it possible to update without wiping all my data?

No need to unroot. You best use the firmware upgrade option in sp flash tool but that'll wipe data
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(11-16-2015, 07:44 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 04:18 PM)a4apple Wrote: As the title stated. There is no "system upgrade or similar in the Settings app but There's a newer ROM than my current one. So, I plan to upgrade it through SP Flash. My phone is Lenovo A606 (MT6582) and rooted with TWRP. Do I need to UnRoot it first and flash using SP Flash or just flash with SP Flash? Another thing is I dont wanted to clear my data, is it possible to update without wiping all my data?

No need to unroot. You best use the firmware upgrade option in sp flash tool but that'll wipe data

Is there any way that I can upgrade without wiping off data, flash particular files, eg. system.img?
(11-16-2015, 11:31 PM)a4apple Wrote: Is there any way that I can upgrade without wiping off data, flash particular files, eg. system.img?

You could untick userdata when flashing the upgrade
(11-17-2015, 10:29 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 11:31 PM)a4apple Wrote: Is there any way that I can upgrade without wiping off data, flash particular files, eg. system.img?

You could untick userdata when flashing the upgrade

So unticking the userdata will upgrade the phone without wiping data and without any issues with root? Will try it later. Big Grin

(11-17-2015, 11:06 AM)a4apple Wrote: So unticking the userdata will upgrade the phone without wiping data and without any issues with root? Will try it later. Big Grin

In theory Yes, but here's the shocker; you might need to do a factory reset if you encounter a bootloop or phone stuck at boot animation
(11-17-2015, 04:10 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 11:06 AM)a4apple Wrote: So unticking the userdata will upgrade the phone without wiping data and without any issues with root? Will try it later. Big Grin

In theory Yes, but here's the shocker; you might need to do a factory reset if you encounter a bootloop or phone stuck at boot animation

Okay thanks! I will try it out Smile
Is it okay if I didnt flash preloader also? I flash everything except for preloader and userdata (to keep my data), is it okay? Will my phone boot without problem and any error?
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2015, 12:43 PM by hovatek. )
(11-18-2015, 11:33 PM)a4apple Wrote: Is it okay if I didnt flash preloader also? I flash everything except for preloader and userdata (to keep my data), is it okay? Will my phone boot without problem and any error?

i cant guaranty you this. I strongly advise you go with the firmware upgrade option for re-partitioning sake
(11-19-2015, 12:42 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 11:33 PM)a4apple Wrote: Is it okay if I didnt flash preloader also? I flash everything except for preloader and userdata (to keep my data), is it okay? Will my phone boot without problem and any error?

i cant guaranty you this. I strongly advise you go with the firmware upgrade option for re-partitioning sake
What re-partitioning? Is there an option in SP Flash? Which do you recommend me to do? Flash everything (download) or without userdata or without userdata + preloader or firmware upgrade (including everything)