Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Please help] ERROR NSTALLING NEW WINDOWS ON HP NOTEBOOK 6535B
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] ERROR NSTALLING NEW WINDOWS ON HP NOTEBOOK 6535B

[Please help] ERROR NSTALLING NEW WINDOWS ON HP NOTEBOOK 6535B

thewyze
thewyze
thewyze
Experienced Member
20-11-2015, 09:00 AM

Good day sir

recently tried installing new windows on my hp notebook 6535B but dont know how to make it boot from cd-rom then i tried installing the windows from safe mode it started the installation process normally then its started copying files then expanded the files then installed the features then it restarted then it got stock at completing the installation then the power supply went off....then i tried re installing windows again i keep getting an error message that windows cannot continue installing windows that i should restart if i should restart i keep getting the same error....PLS HOVATEK HELP ME
thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-11-2015, 01:51 PM
(20-11-2015, 09:00 AM)thewyze Good day sir

recently tried installing new windows on my hp notebook 6535B but dont know how to make it boot from cd-rom then i tried installing the windows from safe mode it started the installation process normally then its started  copying files then expanded the files then installed the features then it restarted then it got stock at completing the installation then the power supply went off....then i tried re installing   windows again i keep getting an error message that windows cannot continue installing windows that i should restart if i should restart i keep getting the same error....PLS HOVATEK HELP ME  
thanks

You should have charged the battery properly before installing windows. 
Have you tried changing the boot order in BIOS and booting the PC from the Windows CD?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
thewyze
thewyze
thewyze
Experienced Member
21-11-2015, 09:38 AM
no pls am usng an external cd rom pls how do i change the boot order so as to boot from the cd.....pls its urgent...
thewyze
thewyze
thewyze
Experienced Member
21-11-2015, 09:42 AM
in the BIOS menu i see something like hard drive boot,external bay boot and Ethernet boot....dont realy know what it means pls explain better
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-11-2015, 02:01 PM

(21-11-2015, 09:38 AM)thewyze no pls am usng an external cd rom pls how do i change the boot order so as to boot from the cd.....pls its urgent...

Look for boot order in BIOS

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
thewyze
thewyze
thewyze
Experienced Member
21-11-2015, 03:28 PM
ok i know where to find that so how do i configure if to boot from the cd.........as in how do i set it to boot from the cd.......note:-i am using an external CD ROM
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-11-2015, 03:47 PM
(21-11-2015, 03:28 PM)thewyze ok i know where to find that so how do i configure if to boot from the cd.........as in how do i set it to boot from the cd.......note:-i am using an external CD ROM

when you get to boot order, look for the keys to move items up or down the list (the keys is usually indicated.. in most cases is f5 and f6)

now move your CD-ROM (both internal and USB or any other CD ROM device listed) to the top of the list then save and exit
thewyze
thewyze
thewyze
Experienced Member
21-11-2015, 05:49 PM
ok thanks i would try that now and i would let you know if it worked
Gavi
Gavi
Gavi
03-01-2021, 07:44 AM
I tried installing windows 8.1 on my my hp proBook 6460b but it keep on saying windows cannot be installed on this drive please help
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-01-2021, 01:11 PM

(03-01-2021, 07:44 AM)Gavi I tried installing windows 8.1 on my my hp proBook 6460b but it keep on saying windows cannot be installed on this drive please help

see if its the same as the error and fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22517.html if not, then
this is someone's elses thread, create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "Ask Question" at the top
in the new thread, attach a clear picture of the error message you get