Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Factory Mode not working in Infinix Hot Note X551
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Factory Mode not working in Infinix Hot Note X551

Factory Mode not working in Infinix Hot Note X551

bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
24-11-2015, 06:25 PM

Just to clarify, it's not Recovery Mode. It's Factory Mode - the one that comes up with (VOL.Down + Power) on Infinix Hot Note X551.... stock recovery mode works fine with (Vol.Up + Power)

I remember I saw it working before having the phone flashed with "Format All + Download" due to the state when phone was dead at all and "Firmware Upgrade" option was failing to flash.

After full formatting, the phone actually had issues with NVRAM/IMEI etc. but I got that fixed with SN Write Tool and everything is working fine.

The problem is that it can't load in Factory Mode. I am not sure if the "full format" caused the issue but I just wonder if it can be fixed or not. I have done re-flashing multiple times with and without "Format All".

Currently when (Volume.Down + Power] button pressed. The Factory Mode indeed initiates with a yellow Factory Mode title on the top-left corner of black screen. It stays for 2 or 3 seconds but then following comes up, instead of Factory Mode options.

Quote:rf calibration flag Test
RF calibration test fail
PLS Retest RF
This post was last modified: 24-11-2015, 06:28 PM by bellskar.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-11-2015, 10:44 AM
(24-11-2015, 06:25 PM)bellskar Just to clarify, it's not Recovery Mode. It's Factory Mode - the one that comes up with (VOL.Down + Power) on Infinix Hot Note X551.... stock recovery mode works fine with (Vol.Up + Power)

I remember I saw it working before having the phone flashed with "Format All + Download" due to the state when phone was dead at all and "Firmware Upgrade" option was failing to flash.

After full formatting, the phone actually had issues with NVRAM/IMEI etc. but I got that fixed with SN Write Tool and everything is working fine.

The problem is that it can't load in Factory Mode. I am not sure if the "full format" caused the issue but I just wonder if it can be fixed or not. I have done re-flashing multiple times with and without "Format All".

Currently when (Volume.Down + Power] button pressed. The Factory Mode indeed initiates with a yellow Factory Mode title on the top-left corner of black screen. It stays for 2 or 3 seconds but then following comes up, instead of Factory Mode options.

Quote:rf calibration flag Test
RF calibration test fail
PLS Retest RF

1. What's your phone's RAM and ROM?
2. How did you get the firmware you're flashing?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
25-11-2015, 01:27 PM
It's 1GB RAM and 16GB ROM
Grabbed from the official link provided on Infinix Forums http://bbs.infinixmobility.com/forum.php...ad&tid=839

Sure I used the Hot Note 16GB+1GB package always. First ever I flashed from stock KK to Lollipop build 20151023 with "Firmware Upgrade" opt in SPFT. Worked Nicely. since then I have flashed the phone multiple times back and forth only for experiments. Now the build on the phone is latest as 20151120.

At a time the phone was stuck on the initial XUI boot logo and stayed for more than hour. Then the option "Firmware Upgrade" started giving errors I don't remember and I needed to use "Format All + Download". But as I told, phone is working just fine.

I am not sure but I think, the Factory Mode was lost right after the first time flash but I didn't bother about it. I am just wondering what can cause this issue and how can it be reverted back.

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-11-2015, 07:00 PM
(25-11-2015, 01:27 PM)bellskar It's 1GB RAM and 16GB ROM
Grabbed from the official link provided on Infinix Forums http://bbs.infinixmobility.com/forum.php...ad&tid=839

Sure I used the Hot Note 16GB+1GB package always. First ever I flashed from stock KK to Lollipop build 20151023 with "Firmware Upgrade" opt in SPFT. Worked Nicely. since then I have flashed the phone multiple times back and forth only for experiments. Now the build on the phone is latest as 20151120.

At a time the phone was stuck on the initial XUI boot logo and stayed for more than hour. Then the option "Firmware Upgrade" started giving errors I don't remember and I needed to use "Format All + Download". But as I told, phone is working just fine.

I am not sure but I think, the Factory Mode was lost right after the first time flash but I didn't bother about it. I am just wondering what can cause this issue and how can it be reverted back.

Thanks

So far you flash the original KK ROM then you should regain factory mode. Can you get access to an x551 of the same specs still with factory mode?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
25-11-2015, 08:14 PM

As I have the userdata backup taken with custom recovery, I can try again with flashing the stock KK ROM. But currently I have two packages (ROMs) with me but none of them are from official source. Both of them were downloaded from the links posted at Infinix forums.

1- Infinix-Hot-Note-X551-Stock-Rom-KitKat-4-4-2.zip
2- X551-G808-A1-KK-28A-20150701.zip

I have also tried with the one from Hovatek, provided in this thread [ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html ] Infinix X551 Hot Note (1GB 16GB) (MTK Backup). But it was failed on SPFT and didn't flash correctly and I don't remember what was the error.

How can I tell if the stock ROM I downloaded was issued from the official source? As the one provided by Hovatek was probably a backup of a device. No?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-11-2015, 10:42 AM
(25-11-2015, 08:14 PM)bellskar As I have the userdata backup taken with custom recovery, I can try again with flashing the stock KK ROM. But currently I have two packages (ROMs) with me but none of them are from official source. Both of them were downloaded from the links posted at Infinix forums.

1- Infinix-Hot-Note-X551-Stock-Rom-KitKat-4-4-2.zip
2- X551-G808-A1-KK-28A-20150701.zip

I have also tried with the one from Hovatek, provided in this thread [ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html ] Infinix X551 Hot Note (1GB 16GB) (MTK Backup). But it was failed on SPFT and didn't flash correctly and I don't remember what was the error.

How can I tell if the stock ROM I downloaded was issued from the official source? As the one provided by Hovatek was probably a backup of a device. No?

As for the other firmware, Infinix Mods often upload to Mega so they're probably official if you got the links @ their forum. 
As for ours, Yes, it's the MTK droid tools backup of a working phone. With ours, you'll get an error if you tick userdata and cache since they aren't included.

Note!
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
26-11-2015, 11:10 PM
So what can cause the factory mode to be at fault?

Plus, those KK ROMs were indeed linked at Infinix forums but they were not shared by staff members (like how the Lollipop builds are being shared by staff member in a specific thread). The KK ROMs were shared by some users claiming that they got it from some staff member. But one of those ROMs was containing an additional .txt file which seems to be added by some user. The text file only contains a website url or something to advertise... Like it was repacked....
This post was last modified: 26-11-2015, 11:18 PM by bellskar.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-11-2015, 11:54 AM
(26-11-2015, 11:10 PM)bellskar So what can cause the factory mode to be at fault?

Plus, those KK ROMs were indeed linked at Infinix forums but they were not shared by staff members (like how the Lollipop builds are being shared by staff member in a specific thread). The KK ROMs were shared by some users claiming that they got it from some staff member. But one of those ROMs was containing an additional .txt file which seems to be added by some user. The text file only contains a website url or something to advertise... Like it was repacked....

That'll be a function of the firmware you flash (boot.img)

Note!