What is mobile number portability (MNP)?
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a facility which
allows you to migrate from your current network to others while retaining your existing operator's mobile number.
MNP is applicable for porting between mobile
operators only, in the same Telecom Circle. Also, by
regulation, a customer can port-into another operator only if he/she has been with that operator for at least 90 days.
How to port to MTN
To switch to MTN Nigeria, you will simply do the
1. Visit any MTN Nigeria's Service Centers or authorized outlets near you.
2. Complete a Subscriber Porting Request Form for Mobile Number Portability. Click on this link to download the mobile number portability porting form.
3. Provide important details while completing the
* Your phone number
* The name of your current network
* First and last name
* Date of birth
* Company name (Corporate customers only)
* Company registration number (Corporate
* Customers only)
* Identity Card
4. You must accept the Terms & Conditions of the service and sign the Number Porting Request Form as a declaration that you understand and consent to the porting.
5. Submit the form with any other required documents at the authorized MTN Nigeria Outlets
6. You will receive a new MTN Nigeria SIM card
7. You will send SMS with the word PORT to 3232.
8. Within 48hours, you will receive a confirmation
message that you request is being processed upon successful validation of your information.
9. You will receive another message to insert the
new SIM in your handset where you will automatically be placed on MTN Nigeria default