Team Hovatek created this simple tool to help unbrick Android phones bricked by changing font (Tested on Tecno M3, M7 and P5). The usual method would've been to flash the stock backup using this guide @ https://blog.hovatek.com/how-to-unbrick-...id-device/ or this @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-89.html (for MTK users) but these would of course require the stock backup which might not be readily available.
# See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/0zLWvg-4L58
This tool is very much in active development so we welcome your bug reports and contributions on this and other Team Hovatek Projects .
How to use
* USB cord
* Setup ADB on the PC using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-588.html
* Download Auto Font Unbricker @ [ Please, Login to view this link]
* Connect the phone to the PC while stuck at startup logo
* Unzip the Auto Font Unbricker folder
* Launch Auto Font Unbricker
* Press Y or any key to proceed
* The tool will attempt to connect to the phone. If the phone is successfully detected, it will automatically proceed with unbricking
You'll get a success message once done and the phone will be rebooted
* If the device isnt detected , you'll get an error as shown below, see the FAQs
Q: My phone wasn't detected, what do I do?
A: The phone should be ON and in a mode that ADB can detect it, e.g recovery mode, factory mode or stuck at brand logo, whichever mode ADB can communicate with the phone
Q: I ran the tool and my device was detected but I got an error saying system partition is read only, what do I do?
A: It means the tool encountered an error mounting your system partition. Try flashing a custom recovery then mounting system under Mounts and Storage
Q: My phone is still stuck at brand logo after the process was completed, is my phone not supported?
A: We're very much interested in cases like yours because they help make this tool better. Please, send an email to [email protected] and we'll contact you for a private session
If you're having problems using the tool and have a custom recovery installed on your phone then download the auto-font patch @ [ Please, Login to view this link] and flash it in custom recovery mode