Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows Gateway NE56r laptop
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Gateway NE56r laptop

Gateway NE56r laptop

Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
10-12-2015, 09:05 AM

Hello I was playing music with the charger plugged and no battery in the laptop. Electric power went off and was the cause of my problems. I can boot but all of a sudden the TouchPad becomes non functional. You can move the cursor but clicking not possible. When typing the keyboard hangs and writes the same letter repeatedly. Where do I start?I'm running on Windows 8.1 help please

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-12-2015, 02:13 PM
(10-12-2015, 09:05 AM)Samwanjeri Hello I was playing music with the charger plugged and no battery in the laptop. Electric power went off and was the cause of my problems. I can boot but all of a sudden the TouchPad becomes non functional. You can move the cursor but clicking not possible. When typing the keyboard hangs and writes the same letter repeatedly. Where do I start?I'm running on Windows 8.1 help please

Do these persist in safe mode?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
10-12-2015, 02:27 PM
What is safe mode? After removing the battery for some time then back everything worked fine apart from touch to click on the TouchPad. If you switch off then on the TouchPad on f6 it functions well but after some minutes touch to click function does not respond. It's like you have to keep switching on and off the TouchPad for the touch to click to function.

This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 02:28 PM by Samwanjeri.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-12-2015, 07:08 PM
(10-12-2015, 02:27 PM)Samwanjeri What is safe mode? After removing the battery for some time then back everything worked fine apart from touch to click on the TouchPad. If you switch off then on the TouchPad on f6 it functions well but after some minutes touch to click function does not respond. It's like you have to keep switching on and off the TouchPad for the touch to click to function.

Install Synaptics Touchpad drivers for your PC brand and OS.
BTW, to boot into safe mode, shutdown > press the power button > keep tapping F8 > select safe mode from the list

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
10-12-2015, 07:38 PM

Synaptic pointing device drivers are installed. Do I need to uninstall then install again?

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-12-2015, 09:16 PM
(10-12-2015, 07:38 PM)Samwanjeri Synaptic pointing device drivers are installed. Do I need to uninstall then install again?

* try the safe mode as hovatek suggested
* the keyboard that keeps repeating itself.. is it one key always repeating itself or just random keys
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
11-12-2015, 06:41 AM
I woke up today only to find the machine fine but this was what was happening. When the computer is idle an error sound is produced then the display lights and clicking plus both TouchPad buttons get disapled but the cursor is movable. When you try type]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] that bracket appears repeatedly. If you switch off then on at f6 everything seems fine but the mess happens after some minutes.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-12-2015, 11:59 AM
(11-12-2015, 06:41 AM)Samwanjeri I woke up today only to find the machine fine but this was what was happening. When the computer is idle an error sound is produced then the display lights and clicking plus both TouchPad buttons get disapled but the cursor is movable. When you try type]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] that bracket appears repeatedly. If you switch off then on at f6 everything seems fine but the mess happens after some minutes.

you're possibly looking at a sticky key. boot into safe mode as I asked and let me know if it persists

Note!