Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android INSTALLATION PROBLEM
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

INSTALLATION PROBLEM

INSTALLATION PROBLEM

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
bennet1
bennet1
bennet1
15-12-2015, 11:16 AM

Good morning Hovatek Team. With my Windows 8 PC, I followed your installation processes of MEDIATEK - MT 65 XX to a certain point and stopped. Please I need a confirmation before I can proceed.  

I was able to locate my Device Manager. I opened ACTION and selected ADD LEGACY HARDWARE. There was no MEDIATEK PRELOADER USB VCOM PORT on the Model list that displayed. Only the following 5 options were found:
1. Media Center Extender
2. Memory Technology Devices
3. Miracast Display Devices
4. Modems
5. Multi port Serial Adaptors
       As I attempted to select the first one (Media Center Extender), the following information were displayed:
      "The Wizard is ready to install your hardware. To start installing your new hardware, click Next"
       I couldn't go beyond this point. Please can I click Yes to install? Media Center Extender and Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port, do both mean the same thing? Please clarify and direct me on the right thing to do.
bennet1
bennet1
bennet1
15-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Hello Hovatek, please none of the suggested links is related to my problem. Pls direct me on what next to do please.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-12-2015, 06:52 PM
(15-12-2015, 11:16 AM)bennet1 Good morning Hovatek Team. With my Windows 8 PC, I followed your installation processes of MEDIATEK - MT 65 XX to a certain point and stopped. Please I need a confirmation before I can proceed.  

I was able to locate my Device Manager. I opened ACTION and selected ADD LEGACY HARDWARE. There was no MEDIATEK PRELOADER USB VCOM PORT on the Model list that displayed. Only the following 5 options were found:
1. Media Center Extender
2. Memory Technology Devices
3. Miracast Display Devices
4. Modems
5. Multi port Serial Adaptors
       As I attempted to select the first one (Media Center Extender), the following information were displayed:
      "The Wizard is ready to install your hardware. To start installing your new hardware, click Next"
       I couldn't go beyond this point. Please can I click Yes to install? Media Center Extender and Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port, do both mean the same thing? Please clarify and direct me on the right thing to do.

you're going about it the wrong way. see the video @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bennet1
bennet1
bennet1
17-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Thank you Hovatek. I've very carefully and successfully followed your Installation Procedure up to No 10a. At No 10 b after I clicked "Finish", there was no Code 10 error. There was no subtitle "Other devices" on my list. Under my "Ports (COM & LPT), only 3 items displayed namely:
1. Communications Port (COM1)
2. RIM Virtual serial Port V2 (COM3)
3. RIM Virtual serial Port V2 (COM4). There was nothing like "Media TEK" on the Ports list at all. Note everything was very OK and successful till No 10a. Please direct me on what next to do in order to get the last procedure (10b) right. I'm using Windows 8.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-12-2015, 01:00 PM

(17-12-2015, 08:53 AM)bennet1 Thank you Hovatek. I've very carefully and successfully followed your Installation Procedure up to No 10a. At No 10 b after I clicked "Finish", there was no Code 10 error. There was no subtitle "Other devices" on my list. Under my "Ports (COM & LPT), only 3 items displayed namely:
1. Communications Port (COM1)
2. RIM Virtual serial Port V2 (COM3)
3. RIM Virtual serial Port V2 (COM4). There was nothing like "Media TEK" on the Ports list at all. Note everything was very OK and successful till No 10a. Please direct me on what next to do in order to get the last procedure (10b) right. I'm using Windows 8.

Here's what i need you to do.
Start from step 1 and take screenshots of what you're doing step by step so I know where you might've gone wrong.
I'm pretty sure you will get it if you see the video

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bennet1
bennet1
bennet1
18-12-2015, 03:08 PM
I've finally succeeded in installing the "Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port" with the help of friends. Please, I want to know the next step.
Secondly, I want to download as many phone Firmwares as possible. Please can I download them without connecting any phone to my PC?
bennet1
bennet1
bennet1
18-12-2015, 05:10 PM
I've finally succeeded in installing the "Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port" with the help of friends. Please, I want to know the next step that will enable me to start flashing phones .
Secondly, I want to download as many phone Firmwares as possible. Please can I download them without connecting any phone to my PC?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-12-2015, 09:39 PM
(18-12-2015, 03:08 PM)bennet1 I've finally succeeded in installing the "Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port" with the help of friends. Please, I want to know the next step.

* Important: Please,send us your Phone number, BBM PIN and Skype ID for faster and private support

Note!
bennet1
bennet1
bennet1
19-12-2015, 04:02 AM
Here are my contacts as demanded:
Phone No - 08055845729 & 08137159815
BBM - 56746424
Skype - bennetezea
Email - bennetezea@gmail.com
Whatsapp - 08137159815

Please help me with the answers to my questions. I'm still waiting for your direction.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-12-2015, 06:04 PM

(18-12-2015, 05:10 PM)bennet1 I've finally succeeded in installing the "Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port" with the help of friends. Please, I want to know the next step that will enable me to start flashing phones .

you can download firmwares at the firmware section @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-88.html

as for downloading without connecting any phone to your PC.. do you mean as an internet source?
if yes.. then that means you'd need another source of internet eg a modem etc
Pages (2): 1 2 Next