Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android INSTALLATION PROBLEM
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

INSTALLATION PROBLEM

INSTALLATION PROBLEM

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
bennet1
bennet1
bennet1
19-12-2015, 11:32 PM

Thank you so much X3non. Of course Yes. With an internet source. It is practically near impossibility for any meaningful Technician to make any headway in this field of work without an internet source. Spectranet are already packing our money as if tomorrow will never come.
This evening through practical experience, i even answered myself my own question. I was able to download the Firmware of my personal Tecno M3 through your Link without connecting my phone to my PC and it perfectly downloaded one hand. Where i quickly withdrew or discontinued the flashing process was when i met a little confusion concerning OS Identification. My phone is Tecno M3 with OS 4.2.2. When i saw 4.2 (Old} and 4.2 (New), i got confused and stopped.
Please clarify me on how to identify which OS is old or new. Meanwhile, is mine (4.2.2) old or new?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-12-2015, 08:52 AM
(19-12-2015, 11:32 PM)bennet1 Thank you so much X3non. Of course Yes. With an internet source. It is practically near impossibility for any meaningful Technician to make any headway in this field of work without an internet source. Spectranet are already packing our money as if tomorrow will never come.
This evening through practical experience, i even answered myself my own question. I was able to download the Firmware of my personal Tecno M3 through your Link without connecting my phone to my PC and it perfectly downloaded one hand. Where i quickly withdrew or discontinued the flashing process was when i met a little confusion concerning OS Identification. My phone is Tecno M3 with OS 4.2.2. When i saw 4.2 (Old} and 4.2 (New), i got confused and stopped.
Please clarify me on how to identify which OS is old or new. Meanwhile, is mine (4.2.2) old or new?

for M3, the background color of the app drawer is how you tell. Old has a blue background, new has a black background. see the pics @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bennet1
bennet1
bennet1
21-12-2015, 09:18 PM
1. Please I've forgotten how to create a New Thread.

2. Please how do i install your Hovatek App on my windows 8.1? Opening your website and logging into your Forum has been a herculean task for me. I always pass through the long route of google search as your web address www.hovatek.com hardly open for me.

3. I followed your link to download some Tecno Flash files (Stock Roms). Two out of my downloaded files had some issues. The ANDROID box was missing in the column list titled "Name" in both Tecno C5 and C8 after my successful downloads. I was able to see other items in the list like Preloader, Ik, Cache user data, Boot, Recovery, Logo e.t.c. "ANDROID" was not in the list and my Trainer instructed me never to flash any phone with a Missing Android in any flash file for Android phones lest i corrupt the Baseband. Please does it mean that your File links for both phones had problems or is there any method of rectifying this missing Android?
bennet1
bennet1
bennet1
21-12-2015, 09:41 PM
I'm happy to tell you that your explanation on how to identify Old and New Tecno M3 was so clear and helpful to me. Old - Blue background. New - Black background. Simple and straight forward. Please in a situation that the phone is not booting up to enable you identify the background colour before flashing, what do you do to know whether the phone is Old or New?
Moreover, is there any technical implication when you flash Old M3 with New M3 file and vice versa?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-12-2015, 12:03 PM

(21-12-2015, 09:41 PM)bennet1 I'm happy to tell you that your explanation on how to identify Old and New Tecno M3 was so clear and helpful to me. Old - Blue background. New - Black background. Simple and straight forward. Please in a situation that the phone is not booting up to enable you identify the background colour before flashing, what do you do to know whether the phone is Old or New?
   Moreover, is there any technical implication when you flash Old M3 with New M3 file and vice versa?

If the phone won't boot up, it'll have to be trial and error i.e, try one at a time. If you're trying to flash Old OS stock ROM to a New OS phone (and vice versa), you'll likely get error 4032 in SP flash tool.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-12-2015, 12:11 PM
(21-12-2015, 09:18 PM)bennet1 1. Please I've forgotten how to create a New Thread.

2. Please how do i install your Hovatek App on my windows 8.1? Opening your website and logging into your Forum has been a herculean task for me. I always pass through the long route of google search as your web address www.hovatek.com hardly open for me.

3. I followed your link to download some Tecno Flash files (Stock Roms). Two out of my downloaded files had some issues. The ANDROID box was missing in the column list titled "Name" in both Tecno C5 and C8 after my successful downloads. I was able to see other items in the list like Preloader, Ik, Cache user data, Boot, Recovery, Logo e.t.c. "ANDROID" was not in the list and my Trainer instructed me never to flash any phone with a Missing Android in any flash file for Android phones lest i corrupt the Baseband. Please does it mean that your File links for both phones had problems or is there any method of rectifying this missing Android?

1. Just go to the appropriate section and click Post Thread
2. Hovatek mobile currently supports only Android and BB10. Visit https://app.hovatek.com to download it
3. Android is system.img and is present in all our ROMs. It's possible you're using an old version of SP flash tool.
BTW, missing Android 
(system.img) doesn't affect your baseband

Note!
bennet1
bennet1
bennet1
23-12-2015, 01:43 AM
Thank you so much hovatek for your answers. I'm just wondering how your installation link that you sent to me could lead me to an old version of SP Flash Tool as you suggested. Nevertheless, please oblige me with the New Version link for SP Flash tool.
Meanwhile, please, is there no other way of fixing a missing Android in a Flash file?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-12-2015, 03:04 PM
(23-12-2015, 01:43 AM)bennet1 Thank you so much hovatek for your answers. I'm just wondering how your installation link that you sent to me could lead me to an old version of SP Flash Tool as you suggested. Nevertheless, please oblige me with the New Version link for SP Flash tool.
   Meanwhile, please, is there no other way of fixing a missing Android in a Flash file?

If you're using the one in our tutorial then it's recent. Let me see a screenshot of SP flash tool after you load the scatter file. Also, a screenshot showing all the files in the stock rom folder after extracting

Note!
Pages (2): Previous 1 2