Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Techno H5 stuck on Select Boot menu
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Techno H5 stuck on Select Boot menu

[Please help] Techno H5 stuck on Select Boot menu

enovater
enovater
enovater
24-12-2015, 12:47 PM

My Tecno h5 has refused to come on (it doesn't boot up at all, no android or tecno logo on restart ), i removed the battery, SD card, sim and reinserted the battery after a minute but it still refuses to start.
I have tried all the combinations to boot into recovery mode but it still doesn't come on.
I then plugged it to it's powers source, after a few minutes it showed select boot mode (volume_up to select volume_down e.t.c) with a cursor hovering up and down. Pressing any of the volume buttons doesn't help.

I have read many articles on hovatek forum and watched a few of your YouTube videos. I have successfully flashed the phone using SP Flash with stock roms I downloaded from hovatek forum. Both the Techno H5 (Old Os) which after flashing there is still no response when I press the power button, but when I hook it on a usb charge the screen lights up with a bright light then it goes off. it does this severally while charging and when I flash the Techno H5 (New OS). it goes back to the state of when plugged to a charger it displays the select boot menu hovering up and down.

Now my Main question is What do I do next. Do you have any Idea?
....I was considering checking the volume buttons but they seem okay, they are not sticky. is there an I.C that controls there function and should be checked? I really don't have a clue.

Kindly advice........Thank you in advance
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-12-2015, 09:52 PM
(24-12-2015, 12:47 PM)enovater My Tecno h5 has refused to come on (it doesn't boot up at all, no android or tecno logo on restart ), i removed the battery, SD card, sim and reinserted the battery after a minute but it still refuses to start.
I have tried all the combinations to boot into recovery mode but it still doesn't come on.
I then plugged it to it's powers source, after a few minutes it showed select boot mode (volume_up to select volume_down e.t.c) with a cursor hovering up and down. Pressing any of the volume buttons doesn't help.

I have read many articles on hovatek forum and watched a few of your YouTube videos. I have successfully flashed the phone using SP Flash with stock roms I downloaded from hovatek forum. Both the Techno H5 (Old Os) which after flashing there is still no response when I press the power button, but when I hook it on a usb charge the screen lights up with a bright light then it goes off. it does this severally while charging and when I flash the Techno H5 (New OS). it goes back to the state of when plugged to a charger it displays the select boot menu hovering up and down.

Now my Main question is What do I do next. Do you have any Idea?
....I was considering checking the volume buttons but they seem okay, they are not sticky. is there an I.C that controls there function and should be checked? I really don't have a clue.

Kindly advice........Thank you in advance

Use New OS.
Format then flash using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
Waiting....

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
enovater
enovater
enovater
29-12-2015, 04:03 PM
I have successfully flashed the Techno H5 using Techno H5 (New OS). But it takes me back to the original problem of select boot mode. When I try to press the volume down (ok). Nothing happens. I have gone ahead and removed the volume buttons from the motherboard. now there are some signs of improvement, as in am able to press the power button and the phone responds (Previously it did nothing when I pressed the power button, it could only show signs of life when I plugged it to a charger)...the problem is it takes me right back to the select boot mode.
What do next? am running out of Ideas
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-12-2015, 07:28 PM
(29-12-2015, 04:03 PM)enovater I have successfully flashed the Techno H5 using Techno H5 (New OS). But it takes me back to the original problem of select boot mode. When I try to press the volume down (ok). Nothing happens. I have gone ahead and removed the volume buttons from the motherboard. now there are some signs of improvement, as in am able to press the power button and the phone responds (Previously it did nothing when I pressed the power button, it could only show signs of life when I plugged it to a charger)...the problem is it takes me right back to the select boot mode.
What do next? am running out of Ideas

if formatting and flashing the ROM returns you to boot mode then its possible that one of the volume button clips (not the visible outer one) is sticky on the board
This post was last modified: 29-12-2015, 07:30 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
enovater
enovater
enovater
31-12-2015, 12:10 PM

Thank you Hovatek Admin, I luv you guys. I'll post my results after a thorough hardware inspection