Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Please what's the meaning of "replacement file" in the infinix x506 stock rom backup?

I saw two files there, one is the main mtk stock rom (16G) backup with a size of 671mb while the other one is called the replacement file {8G} with a size of 27mb. 

Pls what's the meaning of this thing called replacement file? It sounds confusing. 

What's the difference between the two?

How do I use it?

Thanks

Sent from my TECNO_P5_PLUS using Hovatek mobile

(12-27-2015, 07:13 AM)Mcjona Wrote: I saw two files there, one is the main mtk stock rom (16G) backup with a size of 671mb while the other one is called the replacement file {8G} with a size of 27mb. 

Pls what's the meaning of this thing called replacement file? It sounds confusing. 

What's the difference between the two?

How do I use it?

Thanks

The 8 and 16 GB ROM are two variants of the infinix x506. Instead of uploading the entire 8gb version, we uploaded only those files that are different in the 8GB version. If your phone is the 16 gb variant,  you flash that. If it's the 8 gb version,  you download both 8 and 16 gb files then copy the 8gb replacement files into the 16gb folder then flash.
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
Alright thanks.... I understand now... I have successfully flashed the phone and its working well now.

But initially, I bricked it, but after going through the tutorials here on reviving a bricked phone, I did just as it says and VIOLA!

It came back but after flashing, I also noticed it was stuck on boot loop, so I went and read the tutorial on solving boot loop problem and there again VIOLA!

It finally booted up normal...
Thanks team hovatek!
Merry Christmas and Happy new year in arrears!

My next project loading.... Tecno p5 plus....