When it comes to flashing TWRP / CWM to your MTK Android phone, there are two possible issues you could encounter:
1. Stock recovery remains despite successfully flashing TWRP / CWM recovery
2. TWRP / CWM automatically gets replaced by Stock recovery after you reboot.
How to fix TWRP / CWM getting replaced by Stock recovery
Case 1: Stock recovery remains despite successfully flashing TWRP recovery
If you encounter this then ensure to:
* Flash the TWRP / CWM recovery image using the latest version of SP flash tool listed @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
* Flash the recovery image two consecutive times before attempting to boot into recovery mode
Case 2: TWRP automatically gets replaced by Stock recovery after you reboot
After flashing and booting into TWRP, If you get a prompt like this:
System Partition UNMODIFIED
TWRP can leave your system partition unmodified to make it easier for you to take official updates.
TWRP will be unable to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP and will not offer to root your device.
You are to Swipe to Allow Modification. To swipe, you hold down your finger on that spot and slide from left to right,
* Installing an OTA update with TWRP (instead of Stock) recovery and Root could brick the phone. See https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-5517.html to fix your phone if you did this accidentally
* If TWRP offers to Root your phone, you best select No,unless you have a stock ROM to unbrick your phone incase it gets bricked. Download Android stock ROMs / Firmware @ https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-89.html