Hi, Guest! Login / Register    

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hard disk partition error

I partition my 80gig hard disk. The Local Disk is 10g while d New Volume is 70g,so d issue here is dat every software i install saved to the Local Disk<10g> so have been unable to install software coz d Local Disk is now full.
Please is there a way to set d New Volume as the d default location...

(01-10-2015, 12:33 PM)kay4dam69 Wrote: I partition my 80gig hard disk. The Local Disk is 10g while d New Volume is 70g,so d issue here is dat every software i install saved to the Local Disk<10g> so have been unable to install software coz d Local Disk is now full.
Please is there a way to set d  New Volume as the d default location...

here's a guide @ https://blog.hovatek.com/how-to-partitio...n-windows/ explaining partitioning . you can shrink (remove) from the 70GB and add to the 10GB to increase it
Thanks sir,how can i add to d 10g? And then how can i deactivate auto update application on my system?
(01-10-2015, 08:09 PM)kay4dam69 Wrote: Thanks sir,how can i add to d 10g? And then how can i deactivate auto update application on my system?

for the auto-update, create a new thread to avoid confusion. for the 10GB, there's a video that explains it at the link I gave you. what you'll do basically is to right click on the 70GB in disk management and click Shrink volume. you'll select how many gigabytes (converted to megabytes) you wish to remove from it. that removed storage becomes unallocated space. Then you right-click on the 10GB and expand storage. You'll then add the removed storage to the 10GB