I've heard of iPhone black screen death many times, which mostly happens when the iPhone gets overheat or some iPhone applications crashes. But have you ever encountered an iPhone 6 with a red screen after a firmware upgrade? If you own an iPhone 6 or any other iPhone model that is characterized by such matter, then you must wonder how does the problem occur and what are the remedies?
It might be hard to identify what exactly caused the iPhone Red Screen of Death issue because it usually comes out suddenly without any reason. And many of us might try to switch off the device and then switch it back on gain later hoping it will work. But if that doesn't work, then you have to consider it as a serious hardware problem.
So, what are the possible solutions of dealing with an iPhone 6 read screen?
1. Get iPhone into DFU Mode
This will erase the previous firmware update, and try a new firmware recovery. Make sure that you are running the latest iTunes on your computer.
1. Launch iTunes and then connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable.
2. Switch off the iPhone.
3. Hold and press the "Home" and "Power" button at the same time for 10 seconds, and then let go of the "Power" button but keep holding "Home" button until you see the iTunes detect your device.
4. When your device screen goes black, then you’ve entered DFU mode successfully.
5. Follow the restore procedure through iTunes
2. Try a Hard Reset
If the first solution fails, the next best option you can do would be to do a hard reset on your iPhone. Hold the Power and Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo. If the iPhone reboots normally, then problem solved. However, if the iPhone refuses to come back to normal, then try the last method.
3. Restore iPhone to Factory Settings
1. Make sure that you've backed up iPhone data to iTunes/iCloud previously.
2. Connect iPhone to computer via the USB cable, and then select your device.
3. Then click on "Back Up Now" button to back up the iPhone data.
4. Now hold down the “Shift” button and at the same time click on "Restore iPhone" in iTunes.
5. You will see a pop-up appear, select the firmware ipsw file from the hard drive
6. Now, a message from iTunes will show up saying that if you want to restore the iPhone to its factory settings. Click on "Restore" to confirm your action.
7. You need to wait until the process is finished.
Note: You may lose important data when you try this solution. So it's important to back up your iPhone beforehand. Once the data got lost or missing, you can use iTunes/iCloud or tools like Foneapw iPhone Data Recovery to get data back from iPhone with red screen.
There are other options available if the iPhone red screen won't go away. For example, if your iPhone is under warranty, you can head out to the Apple store and have your iPhone checked. But if the warranty period for your iPhone is over, you’d better have it repaired by some other professional technicians.