Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TWRP STILL NOT WORKING AFTER SO MANY FLASHINGS
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TWRP STILL NOT WORKING AFTER SO MANY FLASHINGS

[Please help] TWRP STILL NOT WORKING AFTER SO MANY FLASHINGS

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
modabeck
modabeck
modabeck
Enthusiastic Member
10-01-2016, 12:12 AM

Hovatek, I've been trying to flash twrp recovery on this techno camon c8 I have.. I have followed every instruction in different threads on ur forum.. Nothing seems to work... The problem is after flashing the recovery with sp flashtool, it's still not booting into twrp recovery
I have used the correct recovery image from ur download link, flashed it so many times but it seems to be erased the moment I attempt to boot into recovery. I have tried a different sp flashtool u prescribed in one of ur threads. I mean what I mean by saying NOTHING I'VE DONE HAS ACTUALLY WORKED. Actually summarising the different options I've tried.  I don't know what you probably want to instruct that I haven't done... I just need to root this phone nd flash a custom recovery even if that recovery isn't twrp. Please help me out here... Thanks
perrycole
perrycole
perrycole
10-01-2016, 01:30 PM
Suffering d same fate dude
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-01-2016, 02:40 PM
(10-01-2016, 12:12 AM)modabeck Hovatek, I've been trying to flash twrp recovery on this techno camon c8 I have.. I have followed every instruction in different threads on ur forum.. Nothing seems to work... The problem is after flashing the recovery with sp flashtool, it's still not booting into twrp recovery
I have used the correct recovery image from ur download link, flashed it so many times but it seems to be erased the moment I attempt to boot into recovery. I have tried a different sp flashtool u prescribed in one of ur threads. I mean what I mean by saying NOTHING I'VE DONE HAS ACTUALLY WORKED. Actually summarising the different options I've tried.  I don't know what you probably want to instruct that I haven't done... I just need to root this phone nd flash a custom recovery even if that recovery isn't twrp. Please help me out here... Thanks

There's another approach. 
Download the C8 firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
Copy the TWRP image into the firmware folder then flash the modified firmware folder using the firmware upgrade option in SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
modabeck
modabeck
modabeck
Enthusiastic Member
10-01-2016, 07:51 PM
(10-01-2016, 02:40 PM)hovatek
(10-01-2016, 12:12 AM)modabeck Hovatek, I've been trying to flash twrp recovery on this techno camon c8 I have.. I have followed every instruction in different threads on ur forum.. Nothing seems to work... The problem is after flashing the recovery with sp flashtool, it's still not booting into twrp recovery

There's another approach. 
Download the C8 firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
Copy the TWRP image into the firmware folder then flash the modified firmware folder using the firmware upgrade option in SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Thanks fr responding... Just one question before I try what you've said, does this mean if I choose firmware upgrade after doing the above, my previous data ND files ld still be intact. I mean what sections do I have to untick Wen doing a firmware upgrade with sp flashtool in order not to lose my data nd files.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-01-2016, 10:54 AM

(10-01-2016, 07:51 PM)modabeck Thanks fr responding... Just one question before I try what you've said, does this mean if I choose firmware upgrade after doing the above, my previous data ND files ld still be intact. I mean what sections do I have to untick Wen doing a firmware upgrade with sp flashtool in order not to lose my data nd files.

You'll lose all data so ensure to backup first.
Firmware upgrade formats then flashes.
BTW, there's a new version of sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html, you might want to try it out first

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-01-2016, 08:14 PM

Yours must be the New OS Tecno C8. we've ported TWRP for your type of C8 (New OS), download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1.html and flash then root
This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 08:15 PM by hovatek.

Note!
modabeck
modabeck
modabeck
Enthusiastic Member
13-01-2016, 09:05 AM
(12-01-2016, 08:14 PM)hovatek

Yours must be the New OS Tecno C8. we've ported TWRP for your type of C8 (New OS), download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1.html and flash then root

Thanks man... I'll try this and give you feedback upon result
blage
blage
blage
14-01-2016, 04:06 PM
(13-01-2016, 09:05 AM)modabeck
(12-01-2016, 08:14 PM)hovatek [quote='modabeck' pid='65181' dateline='1452381120']
Hovatek, I've been trying to flash twrp recovery on this techno camon c8 I have.. I have followed every instruction in different threads on ur forum.. Nothing seems to work... The problem is after flashing the recovery with sp flashtool, it's still not booting into twrp recovery

[/

have you try? it working? for me it dont work.
modabeck
modabeck
modabeck
Enthusiastic Member
17-01-2016, 10:03 PM
(14-01-2016, 04:06 PM)blage
(13-01-2016, 09:05 AM)modabeck
(12-01-2016, 08:14 PM)hovatek

[/

have you try? it working? for me it dont work.

I'll give u feedback tomorrow, i haven't yet buh i ll
xlim
xlim
xlim
18-01-2016, 12:37 AM

(10-01-2016, 01:30 PM)perrycole Suffering d same fate dude with my Tecno J5 it failed say ROM prob
Pages (2): 1 2 Next