Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows how to charge my phone on pc when in sleep mode
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

how to charge my phone on pc when in sleep mode

how to charge my phone on pc when in sleep mode

ivoattcom
ivoattcom
ivoattcom
Enthusiastic Member
12-01-2016, 09:17 AM

On my windows 7 pc i can charge my phone from the usb port while in sleep mode.  But i can't on my windows 8. When my system is in sleep mode my usb port power goes off too. I need help on how to activate this feature on my windows 8 pc. hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-01-2016, 04:48 PM
(12-01-2016, 09:17 AM)ivoattcom On my windows 7 pc i can charge my phone from the usb port while in sleep mode.  But i can't on my windows 8. When my system is in sleep mode my usb port power goes off too. I need help on how to activate this feature on my windows 8 pc. hovatek

It's a power saving setting.

a. Click Start -> in the start search field type: Device Manager, press enter.
If you are prompted for access either press continue or supply the necessary username and password.
b. When Device Manager opens, expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers category.
c. Here you will see several USB Root Hub listings, for each, right-click and select Properties.
d. In the properties window, click Power Management.
e. Uncheck ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’, click OK.
Repeat the same steps for all the other USB Root Hub entries.

also

Check Power options, Advanced settings - change plan settings, change advanced power settings, usb settings, usb selective suspend setting, and change to disabled

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ivoattcom
ivoattcom
ivoattcom
Enthusiastic Member
13-01-2016, 10:09 AM
(12-01-2016, 04:48 PM)hovatek
(12-01-2016, 09:17 AM)ivoattcom On my windows 7 pc i can charge my phone from the usb port while in sleep mode.  But i can't on my windows 8. When my system is in sleep mode my usb port power goes off too. I need help on how to activate this feature on my windows 8 pc. hovatek

It's a power saving setting.

a. Click Start -> in the start search field type: Device Manager, press enter.
If you are prompted for access either press continue or supply the necessary username and password.
b. When Device Manager opens, expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers category.
c. Here you will see several USB Root Hub listings, for each, right-click and select Properties.
d. In the properties window, click Power Management.
e. Uncheck ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’, click OK.
Repeat the same steps for all the other USB Root Hub entries.

also

Check Power options, Advanced settings - change plan settings, change advanced power settings, usb settings, usb selective suspend setting, and change to disabled

I have done all this. It can't still charge my phone from the usb port when in sleep mode.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-01-2016, 12:38 PM
(13-01-2016, 10:09 AM)ivoattcom I have done all this. It can't still charge my phone from the usb port when in sleep mode.

How exactly do you normally sleep your PC?
BTW, have you tried enabling USB wake support in BIOS?
This post was last modified: 13-01-2016, 12:46 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ivoattcom
ivoattcom
ivoattcom
Enthusiastic Member
14-01-2016, 07:21 AM

(13-01-2016, 12:38 PM)hovatek
(13-01-2016, 10:09 AM)ivoattcom I have done all this. It can't still charge my phone from the usb port when in sleep mode.

I sleep my
ivoattcom
ivoattcom
ivoattcom
Enthusiastic Member
14-01-2016, 07:30 AM
(13-01-2016, 12:38 PM)hovatek

I sleep my computer by clicking sleep at the windows start area or by closing my computer's lid. 

About the USB wake support. I click f10 to check my bios setup during  windows startup. In the system configuration area i could not find usb wake support option there. 

I search google for that, the result of my search says I have to unlock the hidden tabs in my bios and i don't know how to.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-01-2016, 11:59 AM
(14-01-2016, 07:30 AM)ivoattcom I sleep my computer by clicking sleep at the windows start area or by closing my computer's lid. 

About the USB wake support. I click f10 to check my bios setup during  windows startup. In the system configuration area i could not find usb wake support option there. 

I search google for that, the result of my search says I have to unlock the hidden tabs in my bios and i don't know how to.

What's your laptop model?

Note!
ivoattcom
ivoattcom
ivoattcom
Enthusiastic Member
14-01-2016, 03:12 PM
(14-01-2016, 11:59 AM)hovatek
(14-01-2016, 07:30 AM)ivoattcom I sleep my computer by clicking sleep at the windows start area or by closing my computer's lid. 

About the USB wake support. I click f10 to check my bios setup during  windows startup. In the system configuration area i could not find usb wake support option there. 

I search google for that, the result of my search says I have to unlock the hidden tabs in my bios and i don't know how to.

What's your laptop model?

HP 15-r253ne
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-01-2016, 07:21 PM
(14-01-2016, 03:12 PM)ivoattcom HP 15-r253ne

In the Device Manager, find the USB device (Keyboard device), right click on it and go to properties where you will find power management. Check the 2nd option to allow it to wake the computer.

Note!