Its not too rampant but there are times you could suddenly be greeted with a Please enter the privacy protection password to unlock message on your Mediatek Android phone when booting up. In some cases, you actually did set one but in most cases, you never did and have absolutely no idea what a Privacy Protection Password even is.
What causes the Privacy Protection Password error?
This was actually intended to be an anti-theft feature to protect your device but ends up ranging from unreliable to a plain annoying feature because you wind up getting locked out of your own device. The error often occurs when:
- You take out the SIM card
- The SIM card loses content with the SIM connector (by falling , vibration etc)
How can I fix / bypass the Privacy Protection Password problem?
To resolve this issue, there are 2 methods
Method 1: Miracle Box bypass
Follow the guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13323.html
# See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/x4IKRukhsQQ
Method 2: SP Flash tool format
you'll need to format then re-flash the phone's exact firmware (do not flash that meant for another phone model and do not format if you don't have the stock ROM)
- Download the Stock ROM (Firmware) for your exact phone model @ https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-89.html
- Download the latest version of SP Flash Tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13970.html
- USB cord
- Manually Install Mediatek VCOM drivers (see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html )
Ensure you have the complete Stock ROM (download @ https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-89.html) then format the phone in SP flash tool (see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html ). After formatting, flash the stock ROM / firmware back to the phone using the same SP flash tool.
# See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/fOyMJroHXoo