Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Unknown ROM structure on an MT6582
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Unknown ROM structure on an MT6582

Unknown ROM structure on an MT6582

rdarioc
rdarioc
rdarioc
28-01-2016, 09:53 PM

Guys,

I need to backup (from one phone) and restore (onto another) the full STOCK ROM of a Star P7 equipped with an MT6582 and running KK4.4.2/Stock.

I have MTK_Droid_Tool_2.5.3 but, while trying to make a full backup of the ROM, it delivers the above error (see attachment) while the phone is in recovery mode.

Any suggestion on how to proceed to get the job done (ROM backup and restore), even using other tools will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, great forum, google doesn`t give enough evidence to it.

Thanks
Rosario

p.s. If needed, I may have already ROOT access using Kingroot, although I would rather prefer to not use that app or eventually find another way to root those phones.
Attached Files
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-01-2016, 10:48 AM
(28-01-2016, 09:53 PM)rdarioc Guys,

I need to backup (from one phone) and restore (onto another) the full STOCK ROM of a Star P7 equipped with an MT6582 and running KK4.4.2/Stock.

I have MTK_Droid_Tool_2.5.3 but, while trying to make a full backup of the ROM, it delivers the above error (see attachment) while the phone is in recovery mode.

Any suggestion on how to proceed to get the job done (ROM backup and restore), even using other tools will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rosario

p.s. If needed, I may have already ROOT access using Kingroot, although I would rather prefer to not use that app or eventually find another way to root those phones.

The phone is supposed to be on normally, not in recovery mode. SeeĀ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468...OkUGZ.dpbs

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
rdarioc
rdarioc
rdarioc
29-01-2016, 12:05 PM
(29-01-2016, 10:48 AM)hovatek
(28-01-2016, 09:53 PM)rdarioc Guys,

Thanks
Rosario

The phone is supposed to be on normally, not in recovery mode. SeeĀ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468...OkUGZ.dpbs

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Now, If the phone was rooted, yes, the full backup/restore should be done in normal mode.

But the phone was not rooted and the recovery mode fw installed on the phone did not allow me to make a full backup (hence the ROM error).

I had therefore to install a CWM recovery patch, and still without rooting, I was able to execute a full Stock ROM backup.

As a singular observation, once installed the CWM patch on this phone, after booting in recovery mode, the screen was rotate 180 degrees.

Hope this will be of help for anyone else.

Thank you again for your time and again, my compliments to your blog.

If I may give a suggestion, your youtube videos are great, just the spoken English is tough to catch. I would suggest to use any synthetic voice generator available and add it maybe with some subtitles in post/production.

Have a great week end
Rosario