Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Alcatel One Touch Pop C7 (7040D) rebooting itself
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Alcatel One Touch Pop C7 (7040D) rebooting itself

[Please help] Alcatel One Touch Pop C7 (7040D) rebooting itself

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Mawgre
Mawgre
Mawgre
Enthusiastic Member
01-02-2016, 06:26 PM

Hi there. Since I'm new, I'll get down to the chase.

I've bought an Alcatel OT Pop C7 (7040D), but after a while it was showing some little annoying problems. I took it to the store and got it replaced, with the problems showing up again later. For about two/three months, I've been in a deep problem with it.

The thing is, I started to have these strange reboots. At the beginning it was just random restarts, as I though it was a problem regarding the firmware as the phone itself was showing a new update to be installed.

Well, it didn't solve my problem. My phone reboots whenever, and when he does so, it shows that the battery level may vary. Sometimes it doesn't even allow me to put sim pin code. The only way I can use it without rebooting is keeping it ac pluged.

What have I done:
- Firmware update, by the phone itself;
- Hard reset;
- Reset through defs;
- Took out the battery, wiped the connector, checked the gap between battery and phone (all those were ok);
- took out the battery for a night and putted back in the morning (took the sims and the sd cards out too);
- installed king root (http://www.kingroot.net/) to root the phone and use the titanium backup (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...niumBackup);

Phone infos:
Android ver: 4.2.2
Base Band ver: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V7
Kernel ver: 3.4.5
Compilation number: 01004

Hope to get help ASAP as I'm pratically without a phone t use.

Thanks for the attention
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-02-2016, 09:34 PM
(01-02-2016, 06:26 PM)Mawgre Hope to get help ASAP as I'm pratically without a phone t use.

Thanks for the attention

1. Does the phone overheat
2. Boot into Safe mode (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-572.html) and let me know if it persists

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Mawgre
Mawgre
Mawgre
Enthusiastic Member
02-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Quote:1. Does the phone overheat
While using? charging?
No more than the advertised on the manual (http://pic4.aotcloud.com/contents/downlo...lish-3.pdf), I'd guess;

Quote:2. Boot into Safe mode (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-572.html) and let me know if it persists
After methode 1, when booting to enter it, the phone shutted down (instead of rebooting again - sometimes it happens). Plugged it in, booted in safe mode, shared internet, opened file manager, phone shutted down. Made the same methode, booted in safe mode, shared the internet awaited 5-10 min, all good but as soon as I opened definitions and was just scrolling up and down on it, shutted down.

Next steps?

regards
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-02-2016, 05:25 PM
(02-02-2016, 12:02 PM)Mawgre After methode 1, when booting to enter it, the phone ......Made the same methode, booted in safe mode, shared the internet awaited 5-10 min, all good but as soon as I opened definitions and was just scrolling up and down on it, shutted down.

Next steps?

regards

What do you mean by 'definitions'?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Mawgre
Mawgre
Mawgre
Enthusiastic Member
04-02-2016, 01:08 AM

(02-02-2016, 05:25 PM)hovatek What do you mean by 'definitions'?
I mean the launcher>definitions (settings of the phone itself, where you can go to network related settings, security settings or the 'about the phone'). The point is, I was just passing through the types of settings (as if I were just scrolling up & down apps) and it rebooted.
The less I use it (as not doing nothing at all at it, including making or recieving calls and so on), higher is the probability of not rebooting or shutting down (buggy rom? Crashing segment of it maybe?)
Regards
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-02-2016, 12:08 PM
(04-02-2016, 01:08 AM)Mawgre I mean the launcher>definitions (settings of the phone itself, where you can go to network related settings, security settings or the 'about the phone'). The point is, I was just passing through the types of settings (as if I were just scrolling up & down apps) and it rebooted.
The less I use it (as not doing nothing at all at it, including making or recieving calls and so on), higher is the probability of not rebooting or shutting down (buggy rom? Crashing segment of it maybe?)
Regards

If i get you correctly, it reboots once you go to Settings right?
This post was last modified: 04-02-2016, 12:09 PM by hovatek.

Note!
Mawgre
Mawgre
Mawgre
Enthusiastic Member
04-02-2016, 06:34 PM
(04-02-2016, 12:08 PM)hovatek If i get you correctly, it reboots once you go to Settings right?

No. It reboots when I use it (no matter what; phone calls, sms, games or any app in particular) & when I share my internet (hotspot).
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-02-2016, 12:39 AM
(04-02-2016, 06:34 PM)Mawgre No. It reboots when I use it (no matter what; phone calls, sms, games or any app in particular) & when I share my internet (hotspot).

have you tried downloading and flashing the official firmware (not OTA update)

Note!
Mawgre
Mawgre
Mawgre
Enthusiastic Member
05-02-2016, 09:46 AM
(05-02-2016, 12:39 AM)hovatek have you tried downloading and flashing the official firmware (not OTA update)

No. I tried to contact alcatel to help me out (their web page), but after 3 attempts of no answer, I've came here.
And this rom that I'm using (this phone was bought in cape verde) is from unitel t+, who has not a helpdesk where I am at the moment (to send to repair it implies to be without the phone at least 1 month without substitution equipament=contactless). Also I couldn't find their rom online. Can you provide one for me please?

Regards
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-02-2016, 01:13 PM

(05-02-2016, 09:46 AM)Mawgre No. I tried to contact alcatel to help me out (their web page), but after 3 attempts of no answer, I've came here.
And this rom that I'm using (this phone was bought in cape verde) is from unitel t+, who has not a helpdesk where I am at the moment (to send to repair it implies to be without the phone at least 1 month without substitution equipament=contactless). Also I couldn't find their rom online. Can you provide one for me please?

Regards

Before we proceed, install and use Go Launcher apk (check playstore) then let me know if the issue persists.
Would really help to see a video clip of this device issue

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next