Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Bricked Innjoo F2 Tablet
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Bricked Innjoo F2 Tablet

[Please help] Bricked Innjoo F2 Tablet

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
27-01-2015, 06:05 PM

It's an exact match. It's a new phone and the specs are an exact match, android version too. The hardware buttons work well. The vol buttons and power buttons work. The recovery boots too.
I have read some folks have same issues and I also heard the screen calibration can be saved and restored on another phone.
Please I need your pro advice and assistance.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-01-2015, 08:30 PM
(27-01-2015, 06:05 PM)Wittymav It's an exact match. It's a new phone and the specs are an exact match, android version too. The hardware buttons work well. The vol buttons and power buttons work. The recovery boots too.
I have read some folks have same issues and I also heard the screen calibration can be saved and restored on another phone.
Please I need your pro advice and assistance.

Yes. Do the Home, back and menu soft keys work?  

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
27-01-2015, 09:11 PM
No. No soft key works. Only hardware buttons.
There are two things I need you to see. I'll post it to you here or on whatsapp as soon as I can. They could provide clues.
This post was last modified: 27-01-2015, 09:20 PM by Wittymav.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-01-2015, 10:40 PM
(27-01-2015, 09:11 PM)Wittymav No. No soft key works. Only hardware buttons.
There are two things I need you to see. I'll post it to you here or on whatsapp as soon as I can. They could provide clues.
post here please, lets see

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
28-01-2015, 07:08 AM

Eureka!!!
Finally working well.
I edited the scatter file and removed all the __NODL_ to enable me flash ALL the files read back. I then loaded the edited scatter file into SPFT and flashed the newly displayed items like the pro_info, protect_s and protect_f. I flashed all the files in the folder uploaded and now the screen responds and the tablet is up and running again.
Thank you Hovatek!

PS: Without the editing of the scatter files the other items with the __NODL_ prefix will not display on SPFT and as such will not be available for flashing.
This post was last modified: 28-01-2015, 07:58 AM by Wittymav.
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
28-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Now to the other important part - ROOTING. I want to use MTKDT to install a custom CWM recovery and then flash SU zip for kitkat from there.
I will keep you posted on the outcome.
This post was last modified: 28-01-2015, 08:02 AM by Wittymav.
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
28-01-2015, 09:40 AM
MTKDT reported two errors: no find kernelGZ and no spliy boot image.
Can you please help me with a cwm or ctrl or philz custom recovery? I don't know how to know if my tab is ubifs or not since I don't have root access yet.
Can u help me port a custom recovery so I can use it to flash SU?
This post was last modified: 28-01-2015, 09:48 AM by Wittymav.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-01-2015, 10:09 AM
(28-01-2015, 07:08 AM)Wittymav Eureka!!!
Finally working well.
I edited the scatter file and removed all the __NODL_ to enable me flash ALL the files read back. I then loaded the edited scatter file into SPFT and flashed the newly displayed items like the pro_info, protect_s and protect_f. I flashed all the files in the folder uploaded and now the screen responds and the tablet is up and running again.
Thank you Hovatek!

PS: Without the editing of the scatter files the other items with the __NODL_ prefix will not display on SPFT and as such will not be available for flashing.

was also suspecting that some core files had not been flashed. glad to have helped

Note!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-01-2015, 10:11 AM
(28-01-2015, 09:40 AM)Wittymav MTKDT reported two errors: no find kernelGZ and no spliy boot image.
Can you please help me with a cwm or ctrl or philz custom recovery? I don't know how to know if my tab is ubifs or not since I don't have root access yet.
Can u help me port a custom recovery so I can use it to flash SU?
please, create a new thread for this since the first issue is already solved

Note!
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
30-01-2015, 02:45 AM

Finally rooted the F2 Tab. What a stubborn phone to root. KingRoot with a mod to the boot.img did the trick. Now I have full root access.
Thanks folks. I'll be glad to help other owners.
This post was last modified: 30-01-2015, 02:45 AM by Wittymav.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next