Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

P C data cumsuption

i use nokia pc suite,opera mini as the browser,and i do disable image mode whle surfing d net but still cumsum much mb

(01-17-2015, 04:57 AM)kay4dam69 Wrote: i use nokia pc suite,opera mini as the browser,and i do disable image mode whle surfing d net but still cumsum much mb

its usually due to Windows update, Antivirus or auto-start-udate items. read https://blog.hovatek.com/how-to-reduce-o...esktop-pc/
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
How does this method works for window 8?
(02-14-2015, 11:15 AM)kay4dam69 Wrote: How does this method works for window 8?

Yes.it does. Also, if you're using WiFi, you could set it as a metered connection by right-clicking on the SSID just after you connect. this will prevent windows apps from syncing using your data 
please kindly put me through,i just install the OS,dont really knw much about it,buh am using a modem how can i reduce the consumption?
please kindly put me through,i just install the OS,dont really knw much about it,buh am using a modem how can i reduce the consumption?
(02-14-2015, 01:44 PM)kay4dam69 Wrote: please kindly put me through,i just install the OS,dont really knw much about it,buh am using a modem how can i reduce the consumption?

have you disabled windows auto-update?
To disable windows auto update, press the Windows button > Type Windows update (dont worry, the search bar will automatically appear once you start typing) > Click Settings under the search bar > Select Turn automatic update on or off > Select never check for updates and untick both boxes then save
Thanks,but i learnt that windows 8 also consume battery,is it true? if yes,why?and whats the posible solution to that?
(02-14-2015, 03:09 PM)kay4dam69 Wrote: Thanks,but i learnt that windows 8 also consume battery,is it true? if yes,why?and whats the posible solution to that?

Not really. You need to control auto-start items and also your power profile. read https://blog.hovatek.com/how-to-make-a-l...st-longer/