Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TECNO F7 going on/off after putting battery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TECNO F7 going on/off after putting battery

[Please help] TECNO F7 going on/off after putting battery

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
dewhale
dewhale
dewhale
19-01-2015, 12:55 PM

Pls my tecno F7 comes on by itself after putting the battery and after the tecno and flash logo, it goes off again and repeats this unless I remove the battery, and recovery mode, wipe cache, format etc has not helped.
it started when I noticed that no calls had come on my fone since morning and I brought it out to check if I had missed calls. It was off, then I remembered the battery was low before I went out and there was no light, so when light came I tried to chatge but it was no charging (no indication of charging) so I brought out the battery to use desktop charger and found thev battery swollen; so I bought a new battery put it in and started charging but I saw the screen flashing little light so I removed the battery and charged it with desktop and since then the problem started
This post was last modified: 20-01-2015, 09:05 PM by hovatek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-01-2015, 03:27 PM
(19-01-2015, 12:55 PM)dewhale Pls my tecno F7 comes on by itself after putting the battery and after the tecno and flash logo, it goes off again and repeats this unless I remove the battery, and recovery mode, wipe cache, format etc has not helped.
it started when I noticed that no calls had come on my fone since morning and I brought it out to check if I had missed calls. It was off, then I remembered the battery was low before I went out and there was no light, so when light came I tried to chatge but it was no charging (no indication of charging) so I brought out the battery to use desktop charger and found thev battery swollen; so I bought a new battery put it in and started charging but I saw the screen flashing little light so I removed the battery and charged it with desktop and since then the problem started

this sounds like a hardware issue. try holding volume increase button before inserting the battery. lets know what happens

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dewhale
dewhale
dewhale
19-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks! after trying that, the phone didn't come up by itself this time around. so after some minutes I switched it on and went beyond the stage of the flash logo and almost start up.
the problem eventually resumed and I tried the trick again but this time, the robot is lying on its back when I put the battery
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-01-2015, 05:51 PM
(19-01-2015, 05:03 PM)dewhale Thanks! after trying that, the phone didn't come up by itself this time around. so after some minutes I switched it on and went beyond the stage of the flash logo and almost start up.
the problem eventually resumed and I tried the trick again but this time, the robot is lying on its back when I put the battery

that sounds like recovery mode. could you attach a picture of it?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dewhale
dewhale
dewhale
19-01-2015, 08:56 PM

yes its recovery mode but the options, wipe cache, reboot, reset data etc did not solve d problem
dewhale
dewhale
dewhale
19-01-2015, 09:02 PM
I can't get d picture, but you know d normal mode that shows with the robot lying on its back and the belly open.
dewhale
dewhale
dewhale
20-01-2015, 09:02 AM
hello, anyone to please reply? what I noticed was that when I tried holding down d volume increase button before inserting the battery, the phone didn't come up by itself.
and after switching it on, it went past the stage of the flash and almost show but after sometime, it went off and srarted going on and off again.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-01-2015, 11:43 AM
(20-01-2015, 09:02 AM)dewhale hello, anyone to please reply? what I noticed was that when I tried holding down d volume increase button before inserting the battery, the phone didn't come up by itself.
and after switching it on, it went past the stage of the flash and almost show but after sometime, it went off and srarted going on and off again.

Ok. Do you have the stock backup for your F7 or a working phone of the same model there?

Note!
dewhale
dewhale
dewhale
20-01-2015, 01:48 PM
I don't have a stock back up. where how can I get it?
The phone is working now, I took it to someone to try and help me fix it but when I got there, I put d battery and it didn't come up so I powered it on. It then got to the initial setup stage ie language, internet etc.
Now it will work for like 30 mins and d trouble starts all over again. But when I remove the battery, and put it back it starts to work again.
But d screens dims and brightens on and on.
Anything else I need to do now?
THANKS! THANKS!! THANKS!!!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-01-2015, 02:30 PM

(20-01-2015, 01:48 PM)dewhale I don't have a stock back up. where how can I get it?
The phone is working now, I took it to someone to try and help me fix it but when I got there, I put d battery and it didn't come up so I powered it on. It then got to the initial setup stage ie language, internet etc.
Now it will work for like 30 mins and d trouble starts all over again. But when I remove the battery, and put it back it starts to work again.
But d screens dims and brightens on and on.
Anything else I need to do now?
THANKS! THANKS!! THANKS!!!

Its likely power related. yo need to first cut down power consumption on the phone. 
implement these optimizations @ 
https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-make...st-longer/
and also
https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-fix-...oid-phone/

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next