Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android unknown baseband, null imei and sim card not detected
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

unknown baseband, null imei and sim card not detected

unknown baseband, null imei and sim card not detected

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Techie Member
20-01-2015, 02:03 PM

Pls I tried all these methods for fixing a tecno m3 android phone with null imei, no sim detected n unknown baseband but non worked for me. I did the MP0 method but after restarting, the problem persisted(the imei I used is the phones' sim1 imei and the imei of blackberry for sim2). After doing an nvram backup from another tecno m3(though its the new one), when I want to restore it to my phone it says Error: pttycmd1 device not found in mtkdroidtool. I did a clockworkmod backup of another tecno m3(new one bt mine is old one) wit cwm, after restoring n factory reset, d problem persisted, changing imei is nt working and the radio is off n refuse coming on when turned on. My cwm recovery boots only once into recovery, on booting into recovery d 2nd time, it will show white screen n do normal reboot. Pls help
tonbari
tonbari
tonbari
Techie Member
20-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Bro.... the best way is to get a TM3 do a readback with SP FLASH TOOLS. or do a MTK bkup... and flash just d secro.img via Flash tools. It'l Fix ur baseband issue...

Only tru MTK bkup or FLASHTOOL BKUP can u get that Secro.img so plz make sure u do it n with a working TM3.

U cn thank me later
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-01-2015, 02:46 PM
(20-01-2015, 02:19 PM)djbadosky Bro.... the best way is to get a TM3 do a readback with SP FLASH TOOLS. or do a MTK bkup... and flash just d secro.img via Flash tools. It'l Fix ur baseband issue...

Only tru MTK bkup or FLASHTOOL BKUP can u get that Secro.img so plz make sure u do it n with a working TM3.

U cn thank me later

very true. flashing a stock mtk backup is the next line of action

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-01-2015, 02:50 PM
(20-01-2015, 02:03 PM)Ifeanyilawrence Pls I tried all these methods for fixing a tecno m3 android phone with null imei, no sim detected n unknown baseband but non worked for me. I did the MP0 method but after restarting, the problem persisted(the imei I used is the phones' sim1 imei and the imei of blackberry for sim2). After doing an nvram backup from another tecno m3(though its the new one), when I want to restore it to my phone it says Error: pttycmd1 device not found in mtkdroidtool. I did a clockworkmod backup of another tecno m3(new one bt mine is old one) wit cwm, after restoring n factory reset, d problem persisted, changing imei is nt working and the radio is off n refuse coming on when turned on. My cwm recovery boots only once into recovery, on booting into recovery d 2nd time, it will show white screen n do normal reboot. Pls help

you'll need to flash the stock mtk backup to get Baseband working then retry the Null IMEI tutorial.
1. Do you have access to a working M3 there?
2. Is your M3 4.2 old or new OS type (see pics @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html )?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Techie Member
21-01-2015, 10:56 PM

Yes. I have the mtk and stock backup. But even after restoring it the baseband is still null. Will try the secro flashing. Thank you
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Techie Member
22-01-2015, 01:52 AM
I have backed up and restored the same old tm3 stock rom using cwm but it didnt work. Will try the secro. IMG stuff. Maybe it Will work.
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Techie Member
22-01-2015, 01:57 AM
Also I noticed that dev/radio folder in my root directory is empty. And after copying the files inside it from another tm3 it will disappear on startup even when r/w is mounted
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-01-2015, 11:04 AM
(22-01-2015, 01:57 AM)Ifeanyilawrence Also I noticed that dev/radio folder in my root directory is empty. And after copying the files inside it from another tm3 it will disappear on startup even when r/w is mounted

flash the stock M3 mtk backup and lets know if thats successful before you try this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html again

Note!
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Ifeanyilawrence
Techie Member
22-01-2015, 03:30 PM
after restoring the cwm backup using cwm recovery, when i reboot, the won't boot. and will not boot again unless flashed with sp flash tool
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-01-2015, 05:03 PM

(22-01-2015, 03:30 PM)Ifeanyilawrence after restoring the cwm backup using cwm recovery, when i reboot, the won't boot. and will not boot again unless flashed with sp flash tool

stick to Sp flash tool then. flash the MTK backup again then try the MP0B method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
This post was last modified: 14-08-2016, 11:45 PM by hovatek.

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next