01-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Open device manager (Start | Control Panel | System | Hardware | Device Manager or right-click My Computer | Manage. Then in left column click Device Manager). Follow the below steps to see what devices are connected to your USB ports:
1. Click View at the top of device manager and click Devices by Connection.
2. Click the + next to ACPI Multiprocessor PC.
3. Click the + next to Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System.
4. Click the + next to PCI Bus.
5. Click the + next to each one of the USB Universal Host Controller listings (See the screenshot below. The exact controller listings can vary based off the controller manufacturer such as Intel, VIA, SIS, NEC, OpenHCD, etc.)
6. Click the + next to USB Root Hub under each controller listing.
You may have to expand all of the controller and root hub listings to find the USB Controller and Root Hub your device is connected to. See the screenshot below for an example of what you should see.