Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android please help iball cobalt 4 [EMI] Enable DRAM Failed!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

please help iball cobalt 4 [EMI] Enable DRAM Failed!

please help iball cobalt 4 [EMI] Enable DRAM Failed!

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ayat123
ayat123
ayat123
Enthusiastic Member
21-02-2016, 04:19 PM

hi friends need some help, before this, I usually figured everything out by reading others thread or googling. But now I need your help guys. I recently try to flash my i ball cobalt 4 with the stock rom of the same version [downloaded from needrom.com],But I probably did a mistake and I was messing up with bootloader. The result is that my phone wont even start. No bootloop, no recovery, nothing. Display and everything else remains dead.

At least is phone still detected by computer when I connect it as mtk usb port[it is on META mode now i think]

Also in Smart Phone Flash Tools phone is still visible.

But when I try to flash or format anything it gives me this error message:

It says:
"BROM ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)
[EMI] Enable DRAM Failed!
[HINT]: Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded"

I already tried different versions of SPFT and also stock cobalt 4's ROM's from diferrent sources.cleaned mtk deivers many times by using usbdeview according to hovatek tutorial. but sadly did not get any success.

My OS is Windows 7x64.

Please guys, this is the first time I'm asking for a help, because I am really desperate and I don't know what else try to make my phone flashable and working again. I googled, searched lot of topics, everything what I was capable to think about. I would be super gratefull for help.

THX guys for your suggestions and help!!!

BTW: I heard some phones can be turned to some kind of "service" bootloader mode with connecting two contacts on main board of phone. Do you know if iball cobalt 4 have this function?

one more is that when i selected scatter file first time in spft it gave me an error invalid scatter file so i had to delete scatter file's first line[ie birdtoolminver3.4].so is the scatter file is problem of mentioned error.
ayat123
ayat123
ayat123
Enthusiastic Member
21-02-2016, 10:40 PM
hi friends can anyone please help me
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-02-2016, 03:14 PM
(21-02-2016, 04:19 PM)ayat123 hi friends need some help, before this, I usually figured everything out by reading others thread or googling. But now I need your help guys. I recently try to flash my i ball cobalt 4 with the stock rom of the same version [downloaded from needrom.com],But I probably did a mistake and I was messing up with bootloader. The result is that my phone wont even start. No bootloop, no recovery, nothing. Display and everything else remains dead.

At least is phone still detected by computer when I connect it as mtk usb port[it is on META mode now i think]

Also in Smart Phone Flash Tools  phone is still visible.

It says:
[HINT]: Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded"

I already tried different versions of SPFT and also stock cobalt 4's ROM's from diferrent sources.cleaned mtk deivers many times by using usbdeview according to hovatek tutorial. but sadly did not get any success.

My OS is Windows 7x64.

Please guys, this is the first time I'm asking for a help, because I am really desperate and I don't know what else try to make my phone flashable and working again. I googled, searched lot of topics, everything what I was capable to think about. I would be super gratefull for help.

BTW: I heard some phones can be turned to some kind of "service" bootloader mode with connecting two contacts on main board of phone. Do you know if iball cobalt 4 have this function?

one more is that when i selected scatter file first time in spft it gave me an error invalid scatter file so i had to delete scatter file's first line[ie birdtoolminver3.4].so is the scatter file is problem of mentioned error.

When you loaded the scatter file for each rom, were all boxes automatically ticked or you ticked some boxes yourself?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ayat123
ayat123
ayat123
Enthusiastic Member
22-02-2016, 06:46 PM
(22-02-2016, 03:14 PM)hovatek
(21-02-2016, 04:19 PM)ayat123 hi friends need some help, before this, I usually figured everything out by reading others thread or googling. But now I need your help guys. I recently try to flash my i ball cobalt 4 with the stock rom of the same version [downloaded from needrom.com],But I probably did a mistake and I was messing up with bootloader. The result is that my phone wont even start. No bootloop, no recovery, nothing. Display and everything else remains dead.

Also in Smart Phone Flash Tools  phone is still visible.

It says:

My OS is Windows 7x64.

When you loaded the scatter file for each rom, were all boxes automatically ticked or you ticked some boxes yourself?

if i use sp flash tool version 5.x then it will ticked automatically but in spft version 3.x i have to tick preloader.bin .

update... i have also tried another preloader which specially made for device made in early 2014 to bypass 4032 error but i did not get success.

can you please tell me if you have any in your knowledge.

thanks for reply.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-02-2016, 01:33 PM

(22-02-2016, 06:46 PM)ayat123 if i use sp flash tool version 5.x then it will ticked automatically but in spft version 3.x i have to tick preloader.bin .

update... i have also tried another preloader which specially made for device made in early 2014 to bypass 4032 error but i did not get success.

thanks for reply.

Let me see a screenshot of the files in the stock rom folder

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ayat123
ayat123
ayat123
Enthusiastic Member
23-02-2016, 01:52 PM
(23-02-2016, 01:33 PM)hovatek
(22-02-2016, 06:46 PM)ayat123 if i use sp flash tool version 5.x then it will ticked automatically but in spft version 3.x i have to tick preloader.bin .

thanks for reply.

Let me see a screenshot of the files in the stock rom folder

HERE is screenshot of files in the stock rom folder.
This post was last modified: 23-02-2016, 01:55 PM by ayat123.
Attached Files
.png
HOVA1.png
Size: 181.66 KB / Downloads: 4
ayat123
ayat123
ayat123
Enthusiastic Member
23-02-2016, 02:03 PM
update.
i read this thread https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&...AQD_SX90Gg

and shorted the ground with kcolo on pcb and tired to flash again but got same result.it is also displaying mtk usb port instead of MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port as according to above thread.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-02-2016, 09:46 AM
(23-02-2016, 02:03 PM)ayat123 update.

and shorted the ground with kcolo on pcb and tired to flash again but got same result.it is also displaying mtk usb port instead of MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port as according to above thread.

Use the connection-disconnection fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html to update your drivers. If error 4032 persists then I'm afraid the firmware isn't compatible with your phone model

Note!
ayat123
ayat123
ayat123
Enthusiastic Member
24-02-2016, 02:48 PM
(24-02-2016, 09:46 AM)hovatek
(23-02-2016, 02:03 PM)ayat123 update.

Use the connection-disconnection fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html to update your drivers. If error 4032 persists then I'm afraid the firmware isn't compatible with your phone model
thanks for another reply and good suggetion . i used connection-disconnection fix but it said the driver is already up to date.
i also want to share with you what i did in start. when i connected my phone with usb to flash it first time and click download then sp flash tool asked me to chose the format all and download option because the pmt chaged.
then i did as. firstly red bar apeared and then purple and it started downloading with yellow bar but it stucked at 16-percent after that nothing happened and my phone got hard brick.

can you please tell me is there any hope that i recover my phone from hard brick.

thanks for any help
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-02-2016, 09:05 AM

(24-02-2016, 02:48 PM)ayat123 thanks for another reply and good suggetion . i used connection-disconnection fix but it said the driver is already up to date.
i also want to share with you what i did in start. when i connected my phone with usb to flash it first time and click download then sp flash tool asked me to chose the format all and download option because the pmt chaged.
then i did as. firstly red bar apeared and then purple and it started downloading with yellow bar but it stucked at 16-percent after that nothing happened and my phone got hard brick.

can you please tell me is there any hope that i recover my phone from hard brick.

thanks for any help

should'nt be difficult to fix if you can get another factory firmware for this exact model

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next