Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Intex Aqua Power HD lollipop root
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Intex Aqua Power HD lollipop root

Intex Aqua Power HD lollipop root

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Enthusiastic Member
04-03-2016, 07:29 PM

I recently updated my Intex Aqua Power HD to lollipop. It's got great performance and all, but I couldn't root it, although I tried various methods. My phone isn't detected by MTK droid tools after updating, but it used to be shown earlier. And almost none of the one touch root apps work with this, I've tried so many that I forget the names. Please do help us (I'm assuming I'm not the first to report this matter. And I'm certainly not the only one, so 'us' is appropriate.) Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Aqua_Power_HD using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-03-2016, 09:07 PM
(04-03-2016, 07:29 PM)Vivek Subramanya I recently updated my Intex Aqua Power HD to lollipop. It's got great performance and all, but I couldn't root it, although I tried various methods. My phone isn't detected by MTK droid tools after updating, but it used to be shown earlier. And almost none of the one touch root apps work with this, I've tried so many that I forget the names. Please do help us (I'm assuming I'm not the first to report this matter. And I'm certainly not the only one, so 'us' is appropriate.) Thanks in advance.

have you tried Kingroot 4.8.0?
if that doesn't work then email the boot.img, recovery.img and scatter file from the Lollipop firmware to support@hovatek.com so we port a custom recovery to help you root the phone

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Enthusiastic Member
05-03-2016, 10:25 AM
(04-03-2016, 09:07 PM)hovatek
(04-03-2016, 07:29 PM)Vivek Subramanya I recently updated my Intex Aqua Power HD to lollipop. It's got great performance and all, but I couldn't root it, although I tried various methods. My phone isn't detected by MTK droid tools after updating, but it used to be shown earlier. And almost none of the one touch root apps work with this, I've tried so many that I forget the names. Please do help us (I'm assuming I'm not the first to report this matter. And I'm certainly not the only one, so 'us' is appropriate.) Thanks in advance.

have you tried Kingroot 4.8.0?
if that doesn't work then email the boot.img, recovery.img and scatter file from the Lollipop firmware to support@hovatek.com so we port a custom recovery to help you root the phone

I tried it, and it didn't work.
Would posting a link for those files do the job?

Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Enthusiastic Member
05-03-2016, 12:16 PM
My friend, the email has been sent to you. Please look into it as soon as possible.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2016, 05:33 AM by Vivek Subramanya.
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2016, 07:04 PM

Are you busy, sir? Because I sent the email a day ago and I haven't gotten any response as of now.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-03-2016, 01:08 PM
(06-03-2016, 07:04 PM)Vivek Subramanya Are you busy, sir? Because I sent the email a day ago and I haven't gotten any response as of now.

Sorry,  we're very busy. We'll port the custom recovery asap

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Enthusiastic Member
07-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Thanks.
And, uh, how should I flash the custom recovery? I don't think SP flash tool will accept it without proper scatter file.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-03-2016, 09:55 AM
(07-03-2016, 03:51 PM)Vivek Subramanya Thanks.
And, uh, how should I flash the custom recovery? I don't think SP flash tool will accept it without proper scatter file.

i thought you got the scatter file and recovery.img from the firmware.
BTW, have you tried rooting with Kingroot 4.8.0?

Note!
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Vivek Subramanya
Enthusiastic Member
08-03-2016, 04:06 PM
(08-03-2016, 09:55 AM)hovatek [quote='Vivek Subramanya' pid='70684' dateline='1457362290']
Thanks.

i thought you got the scatter file and recovery.img from the firmware.
BTW, have you tried rooting with Kingroot 4.8.0?
[/quote/]

Yes to both.
Will it work with the stock scatter? I mean, since the file size changes, the scatter must be modified accordingly, right?

4.8.0 didn't work unfortunately.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-03-2016, 11:06 PM

(08-03-2016, 04:06 PM)Vivek Subramanya Yes to both.
Will it work with the stock scatter?  I mean,  since the file size changes,  the scatter must be modified accordingly,  right?

4.8.0 didn't work unfortunately.

No need to modify the scatter file

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next