Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Yezz Andy A6M phablet shows blank grey display.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Yezz Andy A6M phablet shows blank grey display.

[Please help] My Yezz Andy A6M phablet shows blank grey display.

pqsalimu
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2016, 10:54 PM

Yezz Andy A6M phablet boots up to a blank grey screen. I hear the startup tone and the device vibrates but the display remains gray. I got it in that state from an auction so I do not know what it has been through. I googled for a stock rom but the only legitimate download links I found were on needrom which unfortunately were not sp tool flashable format. Please help with rom link or any other viable solution.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-03-2016, 01:23 PM
(06-03-2016, 10:54 PM)pqsalimu Yezz Andy A6M phablet boots up to a blank grey screen. I hear the startup tone and the device vibrates but the display remains gray. I got it in that state from an auction so I do not know what it has been through. I googled for a stock rom but the only legitimate download links I found were on needrom which unfortunately were not sp tool flashable format. Please help with rom link or any other viable solution.

1. What's the chipset of the phone? 
2. Can it enter recovery mode or any other mode?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
Enthusiastic Member
07-03-2016, 03:08 PM
The chipset is Mediatek MT6582 and It cannot enter recovery mode or any other mode.
This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 03:15 PM by pqsalimu.
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
Enthusiastic Member
07-03-2016, 03:09 PM
The chipset is Mediatek MT6582 and It cannot enter recovery mode.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-03-2016, 09:40 AM

(07-03-2016, 03:08 PM)pqsalimu The chipset is Mediatek MT6582 and It cannot enter recovery mode or any other mode.

its between the flex, preloader.bin and lk.bin.
have you tried flashing the original firmware back to the phone?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
Enthusiastic Member
08-03-2016, 01:58 PM
The flex seems OK. I wanted to flash the origional firmware to the phone but the rom I downloaded was a zip archive. When I extracted it the contents were nothing like the files used with sp flash tool. ie there were four folders namely, bootable, build, mediatek and out. There were also the following files, build.prop, configure.xml, lk.bin, logo.bin, and a zip archive, ota_target_files.zip. I have used SP Flash tool on a number of devices but I just dont know how to flash a rom in this format to a MT6582 device. If only I could find other rom links.
This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 02:01 PM by pqsalimu.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-03-2016, 10:44 PM
(08-03-2016, 01:58 PM)pqsalimu The flex seems OK. I wanted to flash the origional firmware to the phone but the rom I downloaded was a zip archive. When I extracted it the contents were nothing like the files used with sp flash tool. ie there were four folders namely, bootable, build, mediatek and out. There were also the following files, build.prop, configure.xml, lk.bin, logo.bin, and a zip archive, ota_target_files.zip. I have used SP Flash tool on a number of devices but I just dont know how to flash a rom in this format to a MT6582 device. If only I could find other rom links.

The one you downloaded,  was it from  http://www.needrom.com/download/yezz-andy-a6m/

Note!
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
Enthusiastic Member
14-03-2016, 08:32 PM
No it was from needrom.com
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
pqsalimu
Enthusiastic Member
14-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Exactly. The roms from the said links are OTA updates that can only be flashed to a functional device. I am looking for an SPtool compatible rom in order to revive my device. Thax.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2016, 04:48 PM

(14-03-2016, 08:49 PM)pqsalimu Exactly. The roms from the said links are OTA updates that can only be flashed to a functional device. I am looking for an SPtool compatible rom in order to revive my device. Thax.

Yes, you'll need the SP flash tool format.
Ran a quick search. the only lead was http://smartroms.com/yezz-andy-a6m/

Note!